Upperthorpe - Daniel Hill, Westmoreland, Addy St - Advice on House Move

Ill informed? You have no idea what my knowledge of Upperthorpe is or whether it's based on speculation do you? Also, I've not shouted anyone down or in fact once disagreed with people who keep continuously re posting the fact nice people live there.

I've not been personal to anyone, unlike you and only give my opinion which everyone is entitled too. Golden mansion and caviar, very intelligent response!

I apologise Paul, obviously you have an in depth knowledge or you would not post here. My bad. Also I was being rather silly and you shouldn't take my post too serious so apologies if you took it personally as I was making a point using humour. Sometimes this serves me well and sometimes it upsets people so apologies again as you fall into the latter group.

cheers

It's like the old joke, isn't it? I used to live in a dog-eared old nasty run-down area, but now I live in a upper-class area. When did you leave? What do you mean leave?

What I mean by this joke, is the fact a place can change.

Edited by dacrlit
My Grammars ill.

How is this neighbourhood these days? How is living around Upperthorpe Road?

But surely the area is the single most important thing when buying a house.

Daniel Hill, Addy St is very close to the tower blocks on Oxford Street, where a lot, but not all, criminals and drug takers live. Id look at the surrounding areas, Walkely, Crookes, Hillsborough.

Steer clear of the areas you mentioned. Too much in the middle of trouble.

I live as close to the Oxford Street flats as Daniel Hill and haven't had a spot of bother in 20 years.

I live as close to the Oxford Street flats as Daniel Hill and haven't had a spot of bother in 20 years.

That's very encouraging, many thanks.

The range of feedback is very wide, though. Some long-term residents haven't spot any problems, some people say they avoid going through there at night, some mention drug sellers and prostitutes around. Hard to believe they are all talking about the same neighbourhood.

How's the Blake Street side?

Better than Addy Street side. Basically - the further up the hill (Upperthorpe) towards Blake St you go the better it gets. One of the better vfm areas in the city at the moment.

And if you like real ale, the Blake (top of Blake Street) is a real gem.

Why do you think the feedback varies this much about this part of the city?

It seems more consistent for most of the other parts.

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 15:03 ----------

Does anybody know how much a car insurance cost (on average) is in this neighbourhood? Say the car is worth £4000 and the driver is 30 years old.