Ideas please for something to do on my 40th..

You can also sponser a race and present the trophy to the winning "dog" and owner. You get a photo taken too. Was looking at doing this for my daughters 21st as she works there as a parader. :hihi:

Oh yeh! I'd forgotten about this. I once went with the company I worked for and some suppliers who had sponsored one of the races and I and another colleague had our photo taken handing over the trophy to the owner. Got to say I felt really important that night! :)

The canal trip is good if there are a few of you. We did our works xmas party on one a couple of years ago and was lovely. Something different. You go all the way up to the Tinsley flight, and you also do 1 lock. (if this is something you've not experienced before) :D

I'd have to say the dogs, we went for my OH's grandparents 50th anniversary. We went in one of the boxes, buffet served which was sarnies, Italian meat selection, veg sticks etc, then a hot choice, we had the beef burginion (sp?) and it was lovely! You get a person who comes round and places your bets for you so there's no queuing and a fridge in each of the rooms that you just take drinks from and a bill comes at the end of the night! In our box, there was a huge age range, from 8yrs to 70yrs and everyone seemed to enjoy thereselves.

i promised my wife i would take her to paris for her 40th as she'd never been. we had a wonderful week and she said it was the best holiday she'd ever had. trouble is, she's 50 in two years time so i've got to think of some thing special for that.

Visit New York, the greatest city in the world, after Sheffield obviously !!!!!