How do you know when you're falling for someone?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Jimbobaloobob, can I ask what you were hoping to gain from punching a concrete wall?

I know you may have been frsutrated but surely common sense said that you didn't have a prayer of winning that fight?

I don't imagine it was a intellectual decision he made in a reasoned state of mind. Chap was probably as you say, frustrated / hurt / angry and that's just how he reacted, he just 'lost it'.

I'm sure we all do that to various degrees several times a day / week. I know I do, and it's not good. It's effectively loosing control of yourself.

Originally posted by Jamie

I don't imagine it was a intellectual decision he made in a reasoned state of mind. Chap was probably as you say, frustrated / hurt / angry and that's just how he reacted, he just 'lost it'.

I'm sure we all do that to various degrees several times a day / week. I know I do, and it's not good. It's effectively loosing control of yourself.

I appreciate that it was probably an act of frustration, but it's not going to look good in the eyes of the lady in question, not to mention the fact you'll break bones more than concrete.

I always know when I am falling for a girl - she starts to have a virelant hatred of me.

A sure fire sign - never fails.

Yes, I totally agree, it won't look at all look good to her DaBouncer.

I think one thing to consider when we feel frustration, and the temptation to hit concrete blocks!! is this ...

Just let it go, wait, wait a few days and see how your perspective changes. Things that seem hoplessly lost today, may not seem so tommorow.

Time is on our side don't you think?

:)

Originally posted by jenbop

plus i think jombob will get the girl back, arguements and misunderstanding are far more dramatic when you first start going out with eachother!

I'm not so sure.

Sorry.

I'm on the 'inside' if you like as I am filthfan's sister and whilst Jimbob is a nice lad, he's blown it.

Filthfan finished with him not after an argument and not completely to do with her friend, but because he was not her type.

Sorry Jimbob but she had to try it out first to know.

She liked him at first but has said he's too 'clingy' - she's very much like me :rolleyes: -

Now, I have spoken to Jimbob after he started sending me private messages and told him to leave her alone for a while. She didn't want a romantic relationship but friends is better than nothing and if he left her to herself to get some space then she still wanted to be friends.

Well after receiving text after text after text last night and through to this morning and having her inbox fill up in half an hour, she has now been put off the idea of friends too.

I'm sorry Jimbob - I know you have it bad for her but you ignored advice you asked for from me, and possibly jeopardised any type of relationship with her.

When she finishes with you for being clingy, the worst thing you can do to get her back is get clingier.

I feel for you, but I also know that Filthfan hasn't appreciated these efforts at all - if she tells you to leave her alone, you ought to respect her wishes and wait for her to come to you.

just want to add,

that probably sounded extremely harsh.

Filthfan and I are sisters and as much as we are very different - we're also very alike.

For some reason, we meet a nice lad and it's too much for us lol. and we feel they're being 'clingy'

It's obviously just the case that Jimbob and Filthfan aren't suited.

Jimbob just isn't her type and when he finds the right girl for him, she'll not see him as clingy because he's her type.

I hope this makes sense.

ouch! sorry jombob... i think sometimes, its just not meant to be...

id recommend eating silly amount of chocolate and staying away from chick flicks, but your a bloke, so ive no idea what to say, maybe get drunk and go take you mind off it....

Originally posted by Lotti

just want to add,

that probably sounded extremely harsh.

Filthfan and I are sisters and as much as we are very different - we're also very alike.

For some reason, we meet a nice lad and it's too much for us lol. and we feel they're being 'clingy'

It's obviously just the case that Jimbob and Filthfan aren't suited.

Jimbob just isn't her type and when he finds the right girl for him, she'll not see him as clingy because he's her type.

I hope this makes sense.

Lotti,

I shouldn't worry about being harsh.

Sometimes theold saying goes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Jimbob probably doesn't want to hear this but when you start a thread based on the subject and lay it on the line for all to see it's unfortunate that the dirty laundry is aired in public.

I hope the whole incident doesn't stop filthfan posting on the forum though as this would be a great loss (IMO).

Jimbob, might be best to follow some of this advice and play it cool for a while brother.

We've all been there in our youths, time will give you a better perspective on things I reckon :thumbsup:

Originally posted by jenbop

ouch! sorry jombob... i think sometimes, its just not meant to be...

id recommend eating silly amount of chocolate and staying away from chick flicks, but your a bloke, so ive no idea what to say, maybe get drunk and go take you mind off it....

Haven't you got design work to be getting on with :P

yeah i know! but im trapped at work at the moment, (completely unrelated design job, just to rake in some cash to keep me going) the only time i have for design is when i got home from work, and belive me its getting increasingly hard to work all day and night! my interview for design job is on monday! v.v.v scared!

That makes no sense, she said she loved me, especially just after I spent that saturday with her. If you think someone is too clingy, why would you say that.

Originally posted by DaBouncer

...I hope the whole incident doesn't stop filthfan posting on the forum though as this would be a great loss (IMO).

Agreed, DaB... Especially now that we've finally trained her not to post in 'text-talk' ;)