Rising Unemployment to cost extra £1.4 Billion-Price worth paying?

If you'd put a red rosette on a dog they'd have voted for it.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

THe conventional wisdom is to increase taxation!!!!!

So after 13 years in power whilst the record deficit and record debt were being built up why didn't those idiots in the Labour government think of it?

It seems the current Government has once again got its sums wrong and they’ve under-estimated the additional cost of rising Unemployment.

I know both parties have been out of power for a while and that potential for errors exist as a consequence of this, but could someone please get them to check and double-check their figures before they start trying to feed us nonsense we suspect isn’t true.

Regarding the point, High Unemployment is shocking (we always seem to get it when the Tories are in power), so why can’t we be a little bit more sensible in this by reducing the hours of those in work and consequently getting others into work, and reducing the Welfare Bill.

Whilst we are on this subject, can we have the age for claiming your Retirement Pension brought back down to 65 to free up jobs for people currently unemployed.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/Rising-Unemployment-Will-Cost-An-Extra-14bn-According-To-The-Office-For-Budget-Responsibility/Article/201101115878715?lpos=Politics_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15878715_Rising_Unemployment_Will_Cost_An_Extra_%3F1.4bn%2C_According_To_The_Office_For_Budget_Responsibility

Are you some kind of moron? I don't want unemployment to rise but why should I have my hours cut, I wouldn't be able to manage if my hours were cut.

A bit more for them to ignore..

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=516978&in_page_id=2

The spending cuts outlined by George Osborne won international backing last night. Leading global economists said the plans were 'tough, necessary and courageous'.

The Organisation for economic Co-operation and Development praised the Coalition for producing a 'concrete and far-reaching plan' to tackle the £155bn annual deficit left by Labour.

So because they say it's right then we should all accept it.

Let's put it another way.

I'm Government minister for a day and I have to save a £100, I have two options:

I take a tenner a week off 10 people already on the lowest income, or I take a £100 quid of a rich banker.

Now I'm comfortable with choosing the banker option, which would you take?

So after 13 years in power whilst the record deficit and record debt were being built up why didn't those idiots in the Labour government think of it?

They did they introduced tution fees & started taxing pensions...after encouraging people to save for their old age! :loopy:

Yet again hitting the working classes right where it hurts! Forgetting it was the working class unionists that set up their party in the first place!!!!

Are you some kind of moron? I don't want unemployment to rise but why should I have my hours cut, I wouldn't be able to manage if my hours were cut.

Simple economics really.

You will pay through additional taxation for the increased welfare bill for people to do nothing.

Reduce your hours and put people into work and you'll find the difference is minimal.

I think you'll find that the deficit only started to become unmanageable after haviing to bail out the banks.

Simple economics really.

You will pay through additional taxation for the increased welfare bill for people to do nothing.

Reduce your hours and put people into work and you'll find the difference is minimal.

Only a simpleton would think everybody switching to part time work so that everybody could have a job would solve all our problems.

I think you'll find that the deficit only started to become unmanageable after haviing to bail out the banks.

The defecit was already out of control well before the bailouts.

The banks were bailed out a couple of years ago. Why was Darling's deficit so high right up to 2014?

Originally Posted by Titanic99

Are you some kind of moron? .

It would appear that the answer is yes.

Only a simpleton would think everybody switching to part time work so that everybody could have a job would solve all our problems.

I'd suggest that only a "Simpleton" would interpret what I've said as Part-Time work.

If the average person works 40 hours now and there's one in ten unemployed, then 4 hours per person in employment should create enough jobs for everyone currently unemployed.

Hope that's not too difficult for you to work out.