Missing: long haired ginger tom (cat)*home at last*

Our long haired ginger cat, Gilley (short for Gilbert), hasn't been home since last night (01/01/11) which is very unlike him and we're starting to worry. We live on Victor street, close to Hillsborough barracks; he's chipped but doesn't have a collar. If you've seen a young male cat answering the description at all in the last day or so, or do so in the next few days, could you let me know?

Thanks,

Paul

He's gorgeous, really hope he comes home soon.

oh hes so beautiful, i hope you find him soon... will keep our eyes peeled.

Have you had a look around your street in tree's ect, made sure hes not stuck somewhere obvious. Hope you find him soon he's beautiful. x

Aww handsome boy. Hope he turns up soon. Maybe holed up in a garage or someones spare room or cellar (happened to mine in the past) it being New Years when he disappeared. Keep checking RSPCA lost and found and post missing ads in your area

hope he coes home soon

my little mell went missing

but she came home

they know whare there loved :)

Crossed fingers that he calls your bluff and turns up for breakfast in the morning :)

Thank you everyone for your kind replies. Still no sign; but we're doing everything that we can.

I'm sorry to hear about your boy I really hope you're as fortunate as me and my family as my cat was returned last night after going missing boxing day morning. The people who had him thought he was a stray and had kept him in their house for a week. They responded to a poster in my local shop.I'd recommend you contact your local cat rescue agencies, if you don't know the numbers google them, thats all I did. Put up some posters on streetlights, ask in local shops and pop one up in there and don't forget your local vets they may be contacted if he's found. Best of luck in your search I know how heartbreaking it can be, but don't give up hope!

Still no sign of him. Maybe a sighting yesterday near by, but if it was him we would have hoped to have seen him by now. Just got stay positive - I guess no news in these cases, is good news.

Still no sign. We've put about 500 flyers through doors locally, so maybe that will produce something. Every agency that we can has been notified, so we're still hopeful he might turn up.