Ideas for New Year's Day?

We have some friends visiting New Year's Day and are not sure what will be open. Any ideas for something to do?

take them up to Stanage for a nice walk ?

A few years ago that probably would have been the plan!! But they are travelling from York and have to drive back and we have a 5 year old to entertain as well:)

We have some friends visiting New Year's Day and are not sure what will be open. Any ideas for something to do?
Three bottles of wine and a fruit bowl spring to mind.

Edit: in light of five year old, scrap that!!

Sounds like I'm being picky when I've asked for ideas but with them driving from York and back within the day don't really want to be travelling far. Thanks for the ideas

Take a bag of peanuts to the Botanical Gardens. If you can get the 5 year old to sit still for 5 minutes (try sitting near the fossilized tree or in the rose gardens), they will come and sit on you to take the nuts. It's a nice walk around the gardens too. Plenty of space for the little one to run around with a ball or play hide and seek. There's the bear pit and the pavillion (the gift shop will be closed though).

off to clumber for nice walk,home good dinner and a few glasses of wine and a snooze lol....

Take a bag of peanuts to the Botanical Gardens. If you can get the 5 year old to sit still for 5 minutes (try sitting near the fossilized tree or in the rose gardens), they will come and sit on you to take the nuts....

What, huh! Who?

Who will sit on the poor child and take his nuts? Students? Tramps? White collar workers on their lunch hour?

:)

Edited by number

You mean squirrels right, I know you do because I do it in the summer with my daughter, however, I could be wrong myself but I think you'll find they are in hibernation.

Can't think of any suggestions to help you out really, I think Sheffield is a bit drab when it comes to walks, things to do. Could try Graves park, Heeley city farm or Weston park museum.

You mean squirrels right, I know you do because I do it in the summer with my daughter, however, I could be wrong myself but I think you'll find they are in hibernation.

Can't think of any suggestions to help you out really, I think Sheffield is a bit drab when it comes to walks, things to do. Could try Graves park, Heeley city farm or Weston park museum.

:) squirrels do not hibernate