Looking for relatives of my gt grandfather : wilfred damms

Hi I am looking for any relatives of my gt grandfather his name was wilfred Damms , he died in 1918 in the war but i have recently found our he had several brothers and sisters : His parents was called Samuel & Ada Damms they lived at 86 Fowler St on the 1911 census . Any information would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Hi I am looking for any relatives of my gt grandfather his name was wilfred Damms , he died in 1918 in the war but i have recently found our he had several brothers and sisters : His parents was called Samuel & Ada Damms they lived at 86 Fowler St on the 1911 census . Any information would be greatly appreciated. :?:

What names have you got for children from 1911 census apart from Wilfred? It's easier to follow them with a few more clues, Thanks.

What names have you got for children from 1911 census apart from Wilfred? It's easier to follow them with a few more clues, Thanks.

Hi Rivelin6

He was the oldest of 7 his brothers and sisters was called Walter born1894, Lillian born 1897, Arnold born 1899 ,nellie born 1902 ,edith born 1905 & winifred ada born 1910 Thanks

Hi Rivelin6

He was the oldest of 7 his brothers and sisters was called Walter born1894, Lillian born 1897, Arnold born 1899 ,nellie born 1902 ,edith born 1905 & winifred ada born 1910 Thanks

Arnold seemed to have these children between 1925-1941 so there is quite a few to follow through there.

DAMMS Winifred Wilson Sheffield 9c 819

Births Sep 1931 (>99%)

Damms Walter Wilson Sheffield 9c 818

Births Mar 1933 (53%)

DAMMS Ada I Wilson Sheffield 9c 774

Births Mar 1935 (98%)

Damms Frederick Wilson Sheffield 9c 771

Births Sep 1939 (51%)

Damms Joseph Wilson Sheffield 9c 786

Births Dec 1941 (>99%)

Damms Arnold Wilson Sheffield 9c 794

I have found an Arnold Damms on 192 but will have to send you the information via private message as can't put it on here.

Edited by Rivelin6

...Damms Joseph Wilson Sheffield 9c 786

Births Dec 1941...

Hi charleywoo - a Joseph Damms married an Audrey J. Siddall in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1968. The 2004 electoral roll shows a Joseph and Audrey J. Damms at an address in S6. Joseph and Audrey evidently had children Joanne Theresa (b. Oct-Dec 1968.) and Sally Anne (b. Oct-Dec 1972). The 2004 electoral roll lists also only one Sally A. Damms in the UK, and her address is also in Sheffield. PM me if you'd like either address..:)

Hi Charleywoo,

My grandfather was Arnold Damms, married to Gertrude, they had 8 children, 6 boys & 2 girls, although one of the boys (walter) died quite young.

I don't know anything about the family any further back than my grandfather

The people referred to by Rivelin 6 on his posting 31/12/10 are my aunts & uncles (except one being my Mother) although there are some missing from that list

What about Dr Damms from Firth Park? He died a few years ago but I understand he was part of a large family. Lived on Barnsley Road, not sure if his daughter is called Sally?

Hi Charleywoo,

My grandfather was Arnold Damms, married to Gertrude, they had 8 children, 6 boys & 2 girls, although one of the boys (walter) died quite young.

I don't know anything about the family any further back than my grandfather

The people referred to by Rivelin 6 on his posting 31/12/10 are my aunts & uncles (except one being my Mother) although there are some missing from that list

Hi Pete R ,

I am at the moment wading through all the info i have got, would love to know if Arnold is my gt Grandads brother though. It is really difficult because he died in the 1st world war even my nan (his daughter ) didnt know anything other than his name. If you manage to get any info about arnolds siblings could you let me know and likewise anything else i find out i will keep you informed. Thanks Charley woo

What about Dr Damms from Firth Park? He died a few years ago but I understand he was part of a large family. Lived on Barnsley Road, not sure if his daughter is called Sally?

Hi Ibbo , would you happen to know the first name of Dr Damms Thanks Charleywoo