Afternoon Tea in Sheffield

scaryt

Iv been to the Leopold Hotel a few times with friends as they live in London and we dont get to see each other often.

We go as a treat and we have the sandwiches, scones, choice of a hot drink (hot choc is nice) and the glass of champagne.

I would recommend it.

Perhaps - as this is now two votes in favour - we were simply unfortunate the day we went.

Great ideas, thank you :)

Actually this is what my mum wants to give us :)...but it's a long old haul to London and thought this would make a nice alternative. And the other half is not as keen on the whole 'afternoon tea' option as I am. :rolleyes:

It's not JUST afternoon tea, it's an experience not to be missed, We took my M.I.L for her 80th and went first class on the train, got 4 seats for £80 return,taxi to the Ritz, What a day, I'll remember it all my life

Edited by David Bowler

My Mum used to take me to Tuckwoods when I was a child. Does anyone remember "Davies" (I think it was called) in Haymarket, upstairs in the building opposite the Wilkinsons? Spotless white tablecloths, heavy cutlery, tea/coffee pots, and fast efficient waitresses. What lovely memories this has stirred. Thank you.

I hope you find your teashop and have memories, like mine, that will last you a lifetime.

My Mum used to take me to Tuckwoods when I was a child. Does anyone remember "Davies" (I think it was called) in Haymarket, upstairs in the building opposite the Wilkinsons? Spotless white tablecloths, heavy cutlery, tea/coffee pots, and fast efficient waitresses. What lovely memories this has stirred. Thank you.

I hope you find your teashop and have memories, like mine, that will last you a lifetime.

"Davys" I think, cytine. Yes, wonderful spot. Many happy memories. It was my favorite aunt's favorite spot so when we were kids she often took us there.

I have used the search function but the threads are a few years old and wondered if anyone had a more recent experience.

I'm looking for a lovely afternoon tea (the whole sandwiches, cakes and scones rather than a cream tea). I've seen Leopold Hotel and St Paul's. What are these like? We've been bought a Spa Experience at 1877 so wondered about going there mid morning, then walking down to somewhere lovely (a bit luxurious) for afternoon tea. So ideally somewhere in Sheffield rather than a drive away.

Anyone had any lovely/awful experiences we should know about?

Do try the Leopold Hotel, we had a voucher for afternoon tea through the Charity Unleashed booklet from Weston Park Hospital last year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. So much so, that I would definitely pay to go and take my mum for mother's day etc. Lovely sandwiches, with a glass of champagne, choice of tea/coffee and homemade scones with jam and cream. Absolutely delicious and lovely staff.