Frozen water pipes

I thought you were going to say 'That's what the nice man at Npower told me to do' I'd hate to have your electric bill...

But hey, if that's what the council say then you must do it....

Could you not try towels soaked in boiling water around the pipes? Once they cool down chuck them in the microwave for 20 secs and presto, your good to go again...and wont cost you 50p+ per hour.

had no water upstairs this morning so i poured abouT 8 kettles of boiling water down the loo flushed and problem seems to have sorted thankfully! hope t doesn't happen every morning !!! s6

Could you not try towels soaked in boiling water around the pipes? Once they cool down chuck them in the microwave for 20 secs and presto, your good to go again...and wont cost you 50p+ per hour.

i need water in order to boil water to soak towels in no comment

well a pipe has burst now and there is water pouring through the ceiling-so now we have no water atall-hopefully this will force the hand of the agency a bit-they better get a plumber out today!

My parents have been told they could be without water for weeks as it looks like its the underground pipework that frozen and still no offer of help, they cant even have their heating on its disgusting

thats terrible :) if they are elderly it might be worth contacting age uk to talk about their options.

My parents have been told they could be without water for weeks as it looks like its the underground pipework that frozen and still no offer of help, they cant even have their heating on its disgusting

Oh yeah :duh: didn't think of that lol...

"Quick, ya need to get yourself out of this"

What I actually meant was could you not ask a neighbor?

We have quite a lot of exposed pipework so just had a plumber out to try and locate where its frozen. He`s cut the pipe just above the stoptap and our pipes are fine, the blockage/ice/problem is below the stoptap so is yorkshire waters responsibility.

Just waiting on them ringing me back now!

hope to god they can do something!