Is it possible to edit video clips using VLC ?

Justin Smith

I can't remember, to be honest, as it's quite a while ago that I used it. There's online documentation though, which seems prety straight forward:).

I have downloaded the software but it doesn`t seem to do anything !

If I click on the desktop icon the Vista ("doing something") circle appears, but 5 seconds later it just goes off. Furthermore if I right click on a video file and select "open with", the option to use ZS4 doesn`t come up.

Is it compatible with Vista ?

If I find anything out later I`ll add it on here.

There's quite a selection to choose from here:

http://download.cnet.com/windows/video-editing-software/

but beware, just because something doesn't have 'buy' next to it doesn't mean it's free (Reallusion Pro for example I am pretty sure is not free as I use the SE version of the Animation Studio for Website).

swarfendor43

I don`t mind paying for some software. In fact when I downloaded the VLC player and found it worked I actually tried donating a fiver to them, but it didn`t go through for some reason !

Just so long as it`s not that pricey (it won`t get used that often), it works, and it`s not too complicated, is there a paid for version of simple video ediring software available ? I`m mainly just interested in cutting out dross bits from videos.

Try the Free Editing Software link on the bottom right of this page which is NCH.com - it states on the page you can download the free version of VideoPad other than that I would be using Windows MovieMaker (Xp or Vista version - latter works on Windows 7) - they (NCH.com) do some good audio software for changing sound formats too (Switch).

If you go for Ubuntu Operating System or its derivatives you can use

- free!

swarfendor43

Edited by swarfendor43