Where can I get Lorne (square) sausage in Sheffield?

garydickson

Originally posted by garydickson

Was up in Scotland a couple of weeks ago, and had forgotten how much I missed this stuff - perfect in a roll for brekkie.

I know Morrisons used sell the fresh ones along with their burgers and bangers, but not any more by the looks of it (other than the frozen variety, which ain't as good).

Anybody know any butchers or supermarkets where I might be able to get some?

Cheers.

morrisons at meadowhead sell it its with the fresh sausages and bacon are bought some about a week ago .

They're never as good down here. I'm sure I'll be going back up in a few weeks and could bring back some of 'Warnocks' finest (The best butcher / lorne sausage maker in Glasgow) for you, if you could return the favour next time your up?

We need some kind of Sheffield / Glasgow trade agreement. :heyhey:

• 8 months later...

Hi Gary,

I was surfing the net (while eating a lorne sausage) and saw your posting. This may be a little late but here is my part.

The food one tends to get at supermarkets are very suspect. I tend to look for a butcher that would make it without chemicals and addatives.

A typical lornge sausage would contain :Ingredients:

Ground/minced Beef, Ground Pork, Fine Bread Crumbs, Pepper, Nutmeg, Coriander, Salt

A typical supermarket version would contain:Pork, Rusk, wheatflour, pork rind, pork fat, salt, raising agent, ammonium carbonates, dextrose, stabilisers such as triphospates, preservatives such as sodium metabisulphite, antioxidant such as ascrobic acid, spice extracts and colouring.

My tip would be to make it ýourself (it is not difficult) and freeze it.

best regards

Gordon

Hi John,

I believe that Haggis did originate in the north of England, must have escaped from a farm and headed north!!!

Very tasty, just try and not think about its contents..

regards

Gordon

Hi John,

I believe that Haggis did originate in the north of England, must have escaped from a farm and headed north!!!

Very tasty, just try and not think about its contents..

regards

Gordon

Did it really? didn't know that Haggis was from the North of England! My personal experience is that everything seems to be fried in Scotland, even pizza????

Archived