The "Thank You" Megathread - has someone helped you in the snow?

and well done the tram conductors an drivers an all the people who struggled to get to work including me:) together we can make it:)

How would alot of people have managed without Supertram, they have been amazing, yesterday was a dreadful day, but their drivers and conductors got to work and put on a tram service, although a llimited one, but it is better than nothing, and the conditions that had were not nice.

Today I would have not got to work without the tram, they all deserve a medal.

Thanks to all who keep the public transport system going. The drivers and operatives have all to get to work themselves and get home again, in pretty nasty conditions. Many of them walk to work while most of us are still enjoying another hour or two in bed (well, me anyway).

On a bus on Monday, I don't know how the driver kept his patience. People had waited at bus stops for ages; he stopped at every one and, despite us being crammed on like sardines, he let everyone get aboard. He patiently coped with the passengers who proffered £10 and £20 notes, who rummaged for ages in their bags for purses, or had to undo three layers of clothing to find their wallets. He coped with enquiries about which other services were running. Oh, why don't people have their fares ready before getting aboard!

thanks to 'Gene' from stannington for stopping and giving me a lift to town this morning many, many thanks and id like to buy you a drink if i ever get the chance (hopefully we'll meet again in a pub :D thanks again mate

Another thankyou to the public transport operatives - and a special one to Sheffield Community Transport (SCT) for keeping the shopper buses running n Hillsborough today! So many of the elderly rely on them to get into Hillsborough from up the hills at Wisewood etc.

A big thank you to my 3 neighbours on Greystones Close who helped me clear my drive so I could get my car out - much appreciated!

I'd like to thank the gent who gave my stepdad a lift home from the hospital. He had walked my mum up so she could do her shift and he has a bad knee so a lift home was greatly appreciated!

I'd also like to thank my neighbours for brining me bread and milk and generally just being ace

x

I would like to thank Supertram bus link/ tram who enabled me to get from deepcar to hillsborough to check on my housebound mum for first time since monday. Also two of her neighbours who I have never seen before for popping round to offer to shop/ clear paths etc.

Thank you so very much to David and Judiths daughter and son in law ( sorry I dont know your names) who helped dig my car out of a great pile of snow today and also to the group of men who then gave the car a push to get me on my way, after being snowed in at work for three days. I could not stop to thank you all properly for fear of getting stuck again, but I cant thank you enough. Also thank you to my son and his partner who trudged through the snow to feed my dog and make sure he was ok:bigsmile:

thank you to the pharmacist Rouxana at Sharro pharmacy for being so helpful and caring for finding the cream for my son's exzema. She went extra mile to bring me the cream at home during this horrible weather. Thanks again Rouxana

I'd like to thank the lovely gentlman from Beighton who has just helped us get our car going, its been stuck on Beighton rd for three days.

i only wish we could have taken him home but we only just got up the hill and he was going the other way.

Thankyou :D

Big thanks to the two Network Rail fellas, in their fully chained-up 4x4 Hilux, who gave me a lift the rest of the way home to Worksop last Wednesday morning, after I got stuck in Anston Tuesday night!

I'd set off from Anston at 08:30 Wednesday morning, determined to get home to my family and I'll tell you, walking down the A57 on my own, feet and drifts of snow everywhere, not a soul or car in sight, not a murmur...now that felt very surreal!

Edited by L00b