Anyone had a C-section? - body shape after

I had a c-section with both of my children. I put on loads of weight when pregnant with both. Now i Have a flap of skin that is saggy and dangles where the scar is and am wondering if any else has this and if it's possible to lose. I did constant exercise after my little boy and never lost it, but saying that I fell pregnant with my second child just as my first child turned 1

I had an emergency section just over 5 months ago, and was mortified by this 'overhang' as I call it!

I didnt really put on extra weight during pregnancy just the baby bump!

Mine is slowly going and doesnt hang over so much now!

I have 3 lbs to lose until Im pre-pregnancy weight, which is only down to eating sensibly and swimming. I dont feel my body is ready for the gym just yet though.

A few weeks after birth I started wearing a post natal girdle belt, so not sure if mine disappearing has something to do with wearing that, as this apparently 'gently persuades' abdominal muscles back to where they should be.

I have since discovered 'shapewear' or pull in pants :hihi: which will accompany my Christmas party outfits!

Edited by Swalk

I had an emergency c-section 13 months ago, I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight but still have my 'overhang', nothing I seem to do will shift it :cry::cry:

I think it's because its dead skin, after my first i slimmed down but still had it. I think mine is scar tissue as I seem to have no feeling in it, I can nip it hard and not feel it. I think the only way to get rid of it would be surgery :(

I have a flap after my hysterectomy too. The doctor told me that the only way to get rid of it (once the extra weight I'm carrying has been lost) would be surgery too.

Sorry.

Looks like an expensive job then! it's bad too cos mine gets me so down!

I still have loss of feeling around my scar too! Feels very strange!

I think the more you tone your tummy and lose weight around your middle, the less it will 'hang'! Thats what Im hoping anyway.

Although I think you're right that perhaps the only way to get rid of it totally is surgery!

I never had a perfect tum before so mine doesnt bother me so much now, and if it ever does I just look at my little girl :)

i've had 3 c-sections after my first i lost the hangover and went back to my normal weight pre pregnancy and know after 3 c-sections and an ectopic pregnancy i'm finding it really hard to lose my tummy and weight i put alot of weight on after having gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy i wish there was more help for women and advise on how to help after c-sections to get backto a comfortable weight and lose your tummy

i've had 3 c-sections after my first i lost the hangover and went back to my normal weight pre pregnancy and know after 3 c-sections and an ectopic pregnancy i'm finding it really hard to lose my tummy and weight i put alot of weight on after having gestational diabetes in my second pregnancy i wish there was more help for women and advise on how to help after c-sections to get backto a comfortable weight and lose your tummy

I totally agree! As you have to be careful doing certain things for a while after having the op too!

I had a section 6 months ago, All my other 3 will natural births and after each of them within a few weeks i was back to my regular weight, however as youve all mentioned after my c-section im finding it harder to loose the overhang which does get me down as well, it bulges when i have jeans on and physically makes me feel sick, my stomach around there still has no feeling, and the scar looks like a smiley face, but when i was sorting all this none of this was ever mentioned. they should do more to inform what you can and can not do to help.

I had a section 6 months ago, All my other 3 will natural births and after each of them within a few weeks i was back to my regular weight, however as youve all mentioned after my c-section im finding it harder to loose the overhang which does get me down as well, it bulges when i have jeans on and physically makes me feel sick, my stomach around there still has no feeling, and the scar looks like a smiley face, but when i was sorting all this none of this was ever mentioned. they should do more to inform what you can and can not do to help.

I feel exactly the same I don't think people understand how it makes us feel. It gets me so down, I am now thinking of surgery, although it's very expensive :( and drastic.

I probably have less of a problem than most posting here, but I've been using Palmers firming butter, and have noticed that since running out my tummy isn't as 'on the road to recovery' as it had been, so presumably it was working!