Do you think staff will check through someones laptop taken back repair.

I was told in front of other customers that limewire was illegal and what I was doing was illegal ………… nice.

There was a handful of MP3’s on my pc not thousands, let he who as committed no wrong cast the first stone.

Thers a course of action for reporting store staff that are rude to customers and this isn't it

Thers a course of action for reporting store staff that are rude to customers and this isn't it

Well that’s two of us that know that, which one of us is going to tell PC world about it?

Well that’s two of us that know that, which one of us is going to tell PC world about it?

You should I can't report it for you, check website for phone number if you have done nothing wrong you should not be humiliated that way

It is my belief that having the limewire program on your pc is not illegal only the downloading and sharing of copywrited material is, so in my humble opinion pc world are out of order and you should report it.....

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: I retained my magnanimity and refrained from saying that!
It's obviously part of the staff training if you both got told off by PC World for the same thing?

Unless of course ... :suspect:

Back to the original question, the simple answer is to pull out the hard drive before you send it for repair.

IMHO using limewire was a sin akin to dry humping your brother while he's up on a cross atoning for the sins of man.

unless the person who is trying to repair your comp is bored then no theres no reason to delve any computer problems feel free to ask home visits no problem

Back to the original question, the simple answer is to pull out the hard drive before you send it for repair.

would void warranty.

would void warranty.

depends on computer problem you cant just remove hd and av it fixed

Don't go anywhere near PC World for any reason. There incompetence is legendary.

As someone who has worked in PC repair in the past I can confirm that some technicians, not all, cannot resist the temptation to have a snoop through the hard drive.

My advice is never put anything on a computer that you wouldn't want anyone else to see without using encryption. If the computer is stolen the loss of personal data can be much worse than the loss of the hardware.

I use Truecrypt whole disk encryption on my laptop http://www.truecrypt.org/

Edited by InvalidUser

Don't go anywhere near PC World for any reason. There incompetence is legendary.

As someone who has worked in PC repair in the past I can confirm that some technicians, not all, cannot resist the temptation to have a snoop through the hard drive.

My advice is never put anything on a computer that you wouldn't want anyone else to see without using encryption. If the computer is stolen the loss of personal data can be much worse than the loss of the hardware.

I use Truecrypt whole disk encryption on my laptop http://www.truecrypt.org/

have you any concrete evidence that PC world technicians do this to back up what is a serious allegation. if so you should pass this on to the complaints department but if it is just hearsay you should be more careful with your wording