Books, CDs and DVDs for charity

Hi all

After a sale at work of books, DVDS and CDs I have about 12 boxes left and I would like to donate them to charity to sell. However, I am struggling to find any charity that will collect them. There are some very good items in there, quite a few coffee table type hardbacks etc. I don't want them to spoil over winter as I have them in my shed.

Anyone know of any GENUINE good cause that could collect in the evening?

hi there would you let us have them for a charity sale for british heart foundation it will hopefully be at that community centre on ulley rd on 18th dec x

St Luke's will collect, but they won't take hardback books.

i think my church christmas fete would love them!

You could put them on e-bay as a job lot and tick the charity box on the listing,That way while its not likely to be bought by someone connected to a charity at least what they pay can go to one.

i think my church christmas fete would love them!

Woz ... if you would like to drop me a PM

:thumbsup:

British Heart Foundation will collect :)

i thought u said i could have these for my charity event for british heart foundation!!!!!!!

how about asking your local school if they'd like them for the Christmas Fayre?

British Heart Foundation will collect :)

Merlina, I have approached BHF 3 times to collect and they have never got back to me!! Surprising really to say they are such a big charity! Not like I am a million miles away from the city either. I even went to their roadshow stand in Mhell in the summer and they weren't interested either.

Merlina, I have approached BHF 3 times to collect and they have never got back to me!! Surprising really to say they are such a big charity! Not like I am a million miles away from the city either. I even went to their roadshow stand in Mhell in the summer and they weren't interested either.

Strange :huh: I've donated all sorts of things in the past and they've always collected them with no problem :confused:

I'll try and find contact number for them (not got it to hand) and post it on here for you :).....maybe you were just talking to the wrong person :huh:

St Luke's will collect, but they won't take hardback books.

St Lukes do take hardback books