Sleepless in Seattle. Does it happen in real life?

we've all seen films like Sleepless In Seattle, While you were sleeping, Only the lonely and you've got mail. Do stories like this happen to real people in real life, or are they consigned to the imaginations of hollywood script writers.

Is there a Meg Ryan for all Tom Hanks':love:

i dont thinks so

i have lost all faith in love and romance, i think its all the trashy novels i read and the films like the above mentioned i watch

good one called serendipity - doubt that happens either

hey lucy. well, i certainly hope it does happen, and one day will happen to me. although i won't hold my breath. well, i don't want to die. :gag:

erm... what happens in these films? iv never seen any of them!

hi kirsty.

well, people who don''t expect to ever meet anyone, end up meeting someone through a series of events. They are love stories that shouldn't really effect a grown man like me, but for some reason do. :P

you really need to see these films.

ooohhh right! i get it... I think it does probably happen in real like. Meeting someone through pure co-incidence then falling in love with them.

Like you said, im not going to hold my breath either!

I Guess it happens, it's happend three times already, movies had three re-makes so far !

Originally posted by michael_v1

hi kirsty.

well, people who don''t expect to ever meet anyone, end up meeting someone through a series of events.

How else would people meet each other?

I'm not sure picking someone up in a bar is conducive to long term, meaningful relationships.

guy i work with met his partner on net and they now live together and have a baby boy, he told me they had met on line.

Met my partner on the net.. Mind you it started in the Chatroom and not by email :suspect:

lucy - I'm currently talking to someone via msn who i met on a dating site. because of my shift patterns, we haven't been able to meet, and it's been almost 4 weeks now. i'm hoping to meet up soon, but it's getting frustrating. hope it's worth waiting for. that's all i can say.:help: