Mountain bike routes

hi all, does anyone know of any good mountain bike trails in or around sheffield as im just gettin back in to xc mountain bikeing

Start at Hunters Bar and go out through Limb Valley up to Ringinglow. From Ringinglow opposite Norfolk Arms take Sheephill Road but turn off up the track forking right and follow the Old Road track out to just above Fox House. Follow the road down to Fox House, turn left opposite the pub (Longshaw Estate Car Park) and follow the road to the end (not far on-road)

Take the bridleway on the left just before the road junction and get thoroughly muddy. Just before a fun descent to a gate (on the very crest of a hill - you'll miss it and reach the gate first time) take the faint-ish track to your left and follow the singletrack around with a steep drop to your right, soon descending. At the foot of the descent go right through a gate and climb up until you reach a small cluster of trees with a gate on the right.

Take the gate and follow the track until you reach a fork with a seating bench..to head back into Sheffield towards Dore bear right - or - bear left and follow down to a path junction. Turning right is boring...turning left takes you up a steep climb and eventially back to the A623, turn right then either ride back enjoying the long sweeping tarmac ride back to Ecclesall Rd South or turn of at Sheephill Road to head back to Ringinglow, and just for the last bit of fun, 1/4 mile from the start of Sheephill Road there is an old gate and a bridleway which has a moderate climb back up to the Old Sheffiel track at the top, where you can turn right and follow that back to Ringinglow

Route from top of my head/memory so take a map too!

There's a few routes around Grenoside Woods.

Also going up through Bingham Park/Whitely Woods past Forge Dam and then over to Ecclesall Woods. You can then loop round and go back the same way which has some great descents. Be careful on a nice day there are lots of walkers.

I've got a route out from Bakewell if you have a car. Its in PDF format. PM me if you want it sent.

Check out bikeradar, the forums have a section on routes. Loads round Derwent, also as mentioned greno woods has quite a few trails in.

There is much more in Wharnecliffe than Greno woods.

Yea, sorry, it was Warncliffe I meant. Was up there the other week, it's quite muddy in places!

Just point the bike at the nearest set of trees and go,

theres trails everywhere,

Have a go at the tpt that goes over to dunford bridge from Wharncliffe thats a good one to begin with,

JJ..:)

http://www.mapmyride.com

Can be quite handy..it's also running routes so search for rides, with keyworkds like "trail" etc

For some reason it defaults to Rotherham when it tracks my IP, so you muight want to make sure it's searching Sheffield

There's s Facebook page called ride Sheffield, if you want to meet other riders.

hi all, does anyone know of any good mountain bike trails in or around sheffield as im just gettin back in to xc mountain bikeing

I'm just getting back into this as well, went round Ladybower res last weekend, don't know if you've tried there? I'm keen to explore some new routes after getting my bike fixed and back on the road!

Hi

Does anyone do any night riding around Wharncliffe/Greno Woods?

I've just started again on my bike and i found my lights so i fancy doing a few night rides around Wharncliffe/Greno Woods, i know loads of routes/rides etc

Mell