Its all gone quiet over there!

What ever happened to that Hadron collider thingy (Cern?) that was supposed to discover all those particles and stuff and prove that nothing became something and turned into what we call the universe? Have they found owt out or do they now know that God did it? Have they bust it again and daren't tell us? The silence is deafening and the suspense is killing me.

Edited by silver pete

It's not working. They're furiously pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL as we speak.

Big waste of time and money if you ask me. I suppose they are hoping to discover parallel universes so the can mess them up like we have this one! All the Hype when they switched it on! Would it create a black hole? Would it heck as like! I bet they've bust it and are keeping quiet about it. They certainly aint found any of them particle thingys that they so confidently predicted they would find. Experts proved wrong as usual!

Lead's fetchin good money at the mo. They would be better off weighing the whole thing in! Thanks for the link! Looks good stuff!

Edited by silver pete

Have they found owt out or do they now know that God did it?

ROFL God don't exist he's a myth :hihi:

Would it create a black hole? Would it heck as like!

So do you study physics then can you explain why it's not going to produce black holes it's not as impossible as you may think!

Latest press release from CERN

Geneva, 4 November 2010. Proton running for 2010 in the LHC at CERN came to a successful conclusion today at 08:00 CET. Since the end of March, when the first collisions occurred at a total energy of 7 TeV, the machine and experiment teams have achieved all of their objectives for the first year of proton physics at this record energy and new ground has been explored. For the rest of the year the LHC is moving to a different phase of operation, in which lead ions will be accelerated and brought into collision in the machine for the first time

Have you seen CERN's logo? 666 :suspect:

The funny thing is that a whole load of losers who have never had anything to do with physics are trying to discuss the usefulness and effectiveness of a machine they know absolutely nothing about.

Except it's not funny, just pretty sad.

Have you seen CERN's logo? 666 :suspect:

A simplified representation of a particle accelerator. It's called graphic design.

Anyway, there are four "sixes" in it, not three.

I would sooner trust the highly trained scientists at CERN than some ignorant sky pixie worshipping berks that lived thousands of years ago.

The funny thing is that a whole load of losers who have never had anything to do with physics are trying to discuss the usefulness and effectiveness of a machine they know absolutely nothing about.

Except it's not funny, just pretty sad.

Agreed.

What they are doing there far exceeds my understanding of physics, but I appreciate it wholeheartedly. Wonderful things will come out of their discoveries that will benefit us all.

Agreed.

What they are doing there far exceeds my understanding of physics, but I appreciate it wholeheartedly. Wonderful things will come out of their discoveries that will benefit us all.

Like what??? They are chasing a dream! Please specify, What wonderful things are going to come of this waste of time and money?

Like what??? They are chasing a dream! Please specify, What wonderful things are going to come of this waste of time and money?

How about a greater understanding of the world we live in.