New Stagecoach bus routes

I Think the routes commenced yesterday.

Great News.

I bet the fool at first who made the decision to withdraw the 76 to compete with Stagecoach 88 will be kicking themselves now.

Stagecoach seem to have clicked on to what the customers want in better buses lower fares and a more reliable service.

Just need to get there staff smiling now but having said that they still beat first with customer service.

I Think the routes commenced yesterday.

Great News.

I bet the fool at first who made the decision to withdraw the 76 to compete with Stagecoach 88 will be kicking themselves now.

Stagecoach seem to have clicked on to what the customers want in better buses lower fares and a more reliable service.

Just need to get there staff smiling now but having said that they still beat first with customer service.

You're jesting right? Yesterday I went to catch the 1605 Barnsley bus in Sheffield Interchange only to find the times had changed. There is now one at 1540. I arrived to find 2 disgruntled travellers who had got there at 1540 just to see the back of the bus disappearing. Fair enough maybe I'd missed the notices. The next one was at 1620. I took me 2 hours to get from work to home, a distance of about 6 miles.

Today I though aha I'll get there early and catch the 1540. I arrived at 1525 and, yes, you've guessed it the 1540 bus turned up at 1602, so it took me an hour and half to get home:roll::roll::roll: Then they wonder why we get in our cars

Edited by denlin

You're jesting right? Yesterday I went to catch the 1605 Barnsley bus in Sheffield Interchange only to find the times had changed. There is now one at 1540. I arrived to find 2 disgruntled travellers who had got there at 1540 just to see the back of the bus disappearing. Fair enough maybe I'd missed the notices. The next one was at 1620. I took me 2 hours to get from work to home, a distance of about 6 miles.

Today I though aha I'll get there early and catch the 1540. I arrived at 1525 and, yes, you've guessed it the 1540 bus turned up at 1602, so it took me an hour and half to get home:roll::roll::roll: Then they wonder why we get in our cars

I was refferring to the new services competing with the 75/76 first routes.

Take your valid point on the 265 service I catch it occasionally and the time keeping to say the least is erratic.

Only insofar as they need to win customers away from First. In areas where Stagecoach have an effective monopoly, they're just as bad or sometimes even worse; here in Sheffield, they're making more effort.

i beg to differ ,,have you seen the volume of traffic at rush hour ,,there is no wonder the busse cannot run to time ,,

i beg to differ ,,have you seen the volume of traffic at rush hour ,,there is no wonder the busse cannot run to time ,,

Right ... so perhaps putting on more and better buses, might persuade some people to get out of their cars and use the bus instead? Given that 80 people can fit on one bus but they use about 60 cars between them, that would be a massive reduction in overall traffic volume.

i used stagecoach as much as possible, only have to catch one bus to work then 88. mainline i have to catch 2 :-(

anyone seen the new 88's? granted I havent left the house for a while, but went out today - aint they nicer than the other ones?? (Yes, it was topic of coversation between me and another friend in Firth Park today :hihi: )

anyone seen the new 88's? granted I havent left the house for a while, but went out today - aint they nicer than the other ones?? (Yes, it was topic of coversation between me and another friend in Firth Park today :hihi: )

Oh yes. Got on one briefly on Monday, love them! I've been wanting double decker 88s for ages so this is great news. :)

Had a quick chat with the driver, he said there were a few more bells and whistles for them to get used to as well, but he said they were good.

Also some pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ixion172/5135731112/in/photostream/ (not mine)

caught the 79 route although numbers werent high next week it will take off when the bus passes will run out with first and people wont pay 17.50 when they can pay 10 pound or 12 pound. lets see what first do heard they will take there prices down ?

caught the 79 route although numbers werent high next week it will take off when the bus passes will run out with first and people wont pay 17.50 when they can pay 10 pound or 12 pound. lets see what first do heard they will take there prices down ?

Yes caught this bus on Monday and it was almost empty going but I think you are right it will get better. I think it is a great bus route and prices are so cheap at £3 for a dayrider. Long may it continue.