Moon lighting firemen

Like Frank said, the time off is so they're supposed to be resting.

I don't want to be rescued from a burning house by a fatigued fire-fighter who's spent a day fitting a kitchen. Or have you never made a mistake when you're tired?

I've certainly no issue with any of them doing something which won't affect their role as a fire-fighter (so Denlin your argument about sour grapes is a moot point).

I have four jobs but always been able to perform when the need arises,

so fitting a kitchen shouldn't be a problem to a fit fireman.

I have four jobs but always been able to perform when the need arises,

so fitting a kitchen shouldn't be a problem to a fit fireman.

Fitting a kitchen shouldn't be a problem for a fireman.

Especially if he's spent his last shift playing pool, handing out fire prevention leaflets, and poking cats out of trees.

But fighting a large fire for several hours and dragging people out of burning buildings may be a problem if he's spent all day prior to a shift fitting a kitchen.

??? :hihi:

Do you need your self defence class then?

My husband being a firfighter for over 30 years was hardly ever home for christmas morning, I never complained neither did he, it was called...work, and to say they don't care about their kids is not only cruel to say but daft, working to put your kids through collage isn't easy, some things you have to forfeit, getting holidays off like everyone else is one of them , they know before they take the job, but to say they don't care about their family because they have extra time to make money is :loopy:

But I can see other peoples point as jealousys always been a factor in jobs like that......missed the chance? too bad, moneys good, overtimes great, pensions top shelf :thumbsup:

your last comment, jealous? well no and it would appear your alright jack, dog eat dog hey? You are smug love and greedy it would appear. Gloat at others while they struggle. Our society is imploding because of the attitude of people like yourself.

Fitting a kitchen shouldn't be a problem for a fireman.

Especially if he's spent his last shift playing pool, handing out fire prevention leaflets, and poking cats out of trees.

But fighting a large fire for several hours and dragging people out of burning buildings may be a problem if he's spent all day prior to a shift fitting a kitchen.

If the fire is that intense then other services are brought into to assist.

I do know how it works, obviously you don't.

your last comment, jealous? well no and it would appear your alright jack, dog eat dog hey? You are smug love and greedy it would appear. Gloat at others while they struggle. Our society is imploding because of the attitude of people like yourself.

No,i think your the one that's jealous.Stop whining and do something about it.

I have no prob with poeple moonlighting but when they drive down fair rates just because the already have a full wage in the public sector. What would firemen think if the fire service trained volunteers to do some of their jobs for a less pay? I know of 3 fire men who fiddle all the time in order to drive around in bloody 4 X 4 limos not to put food on the table. They say to quote "so what its a dog eat dog world" Well I aint a dog and these guys need to declare their second income and play the bloody game fair.

my husband was a firefighter for 22 years saw some horrific sights and lost several friends to the job as lets face it its no walk in the park. not all firefighters have second jobs either. but hey if you want to risk losing your own life go for it what have you got to lose!

No,i think your the one that's jealous.Stop whining and do something about it.

Why jealous? I have a super wife, ace kid and merc LOL. Its the principal of work for all, not material wealth. Jealousy is for the small minded inadequates,

and who the hell are you any way. Your comments are those of someone who as not grasped the principals related to this thread.

Why jealous? I have a super wife, ace kid and merc LOL. Its the principal of work for all, not material wealth. Jealousy is for the small minded inadequates,

and who the hell are you any way. Your comments are those of someone who as not grasped the principals related to this thread.

got to ask though why only bring firefighters into this surely police officers and ambulance staff may have a second job as well. it seems very bitter purely to firefighters.

got to ask though why only bring firefighters into this surely police officers and ambulance staff may have a second job as well. it seems very bitter purely to firefighters.

and of course they all need to do these extra jobs because they are poorly paid and need to top up their inadequate pension,I dont think.While they have these nice secure jobs some poor soul is trying to feed their family for minimum wages and no subsidized pension if they can afford one at all!!

All i see of this thread is someone moaning and groaning they do not have enough or no work due to firemen having secondary jobs.Now if it was me who had no work i would sell the Merc and take on a second job to put money on the table rather than sit on my backside bleating about it .There are those that do and those that don't and think the world owes them a favour which are you.

Why not post some firelighters through a few letterboxes everyday so that the firemen will be too knackered to do their moonlighting work?