The Peggy Tub - Stocksbridge/Deepcar

Everyone is welcome at the peggy tub.

Very cheap drinks(draught's and bottles)

Dave the rave's karaoke every Sunday 4pm - 9pm.

2 full size snooker tables free to play at all times, 20p fee for the lights.

Pool table, 40p a game.

A great friendly atmosphere at all times.

Free function room hire for all occasions,£40 deposit required for any damages.

Opening times

Mon-Fri 3pm - 11pm

Sat 12pm - 11.30pm

Sun 12pm - 11pm

Any other information please contact the club itself on

0114 2882142

Edited by esme
forum rules re posting entirely in bold

Peggy Tub at Stocksbridge, what a brilliant venue for live bands!

Stumble played there last Saturday 7th May and were brilliant, rocked the house!!

The locals are great too, very friendly, recommended big time.

Mag 7 on this Friday and I've heard Stumble will be back on the 10th June.......

hi I used to work for a guy who run the Peggy tub in the mid 80s he was called Barry his wife was pam cant remember there surname can anyone shed any light on my query cheers .I worked in his café in the castle market downstairs

Yes I remember Barry and Pam. I was only young mind. They used to live in the house next door. I have just stopped working there again. Rubbish now compared to years ago

Do you know of anyone who would know there surname wrecking my brain

Yes I knew Barry Vera when he lived at the Peggy Tub and went to Stocky School. He has done well for himself, he had a series on one of the food channels a couple of years ago too.

Yes it is Vera. Spoke to my dad earlier to confirm it. My dad and step mum run the club now. Really going down hill though, no one wants to go in anymore and it so cheap to drink at home these days. Used to be great on friday and Saturday night's with karoke and other games. Its a shame because its a nice place.

Cheers guys I went in last Saturday and really enjoyed it one or two unsightly people but hey they were harmless

I don't really know that much about clubs and because I haven't grown up around any clubs except perhaps Farm Road club when it used to be a railway staff club they feel to be a dying remnant from a previous generation, something that belongs left in another era. I'm not overly familiar with the rules on membership, admission, what is on offer etc. I suspect a lot of people under 40 are in a similar position.

I do want clubs to survive though. They are great venues for live music, amateur theatre, festivals, functions and more as well as being places that can fulfill a role in the community as a social focal point similar to a traditional pub.

I think clubs need to be more modern thinking perhaps. Entertainment on a weekend, snooker/pool/games etc all week round, a comfy place to enjoy a nice beer, maybe do food as well (reasonably priced simple, good quality home cooking would probably suit nicely) but more importantly market themselves better. How much is membership? What does that get you? What does the club offer that a pub doesn't?

Also, yes, people can drink cheaply at home thanks to the supermarkets. But this tends to be multi packs of bog standard big brand lagers and smooth bitter along with industrial cider. Why not add real ales from local breweries, genuine continental or craft lagers and farmhouse ciders to the bar - quality drinks not found cheaply in Morrisons! This is of course alongside the John Smiths Smooth and Carling that already sells well in clubland.

I grew up in the Peggy Tub - I am Barry Vera - Barry & Pam's son. Some great memories from the 80s there

Used to go in here as a kid in the 80's, went on a lot of day trips on the coaches they ran to Skeggy etc.

Pop and crisps, and a day out - what could be better?