Home information pack rip off !

i put my house up for sale in feb this year, and i've now had a very smarmy letter saying that just because the new coalition government has done away with this rip off that doesn't mean i do not have to pay saying i'm going to be billed £597.67 next week whether i like it or not. I wouldn't mind so much but since the house went up for sale the underground drains has caused my front wall to crumble, skirting boards and wallpaper to split aswell as blowing all the plaster work at the front of the house, therefore stalling me on having buyers round cos i know they'll run a mile if they saw it.

Oh and best of all it took all of 15 mins for the bloke to access my house back in february, which works out at roughly £2390 an hour - i'm seething :mad::mad::mad:

I paid for my hip pack just 1week before it was scrapped so £400 straight down the drain! Crap init

Yes, another (it was) piece of unecessary paperwork and expense forced upon us, and, as a final touch, VAT (would've been 20%) lumped onto the end! Ingenious!