Wedding photography :)

kayz

Ok this is really cheeky but i am getting married on 2nd september 2011 and am in desperate need of a wedding photographer i really want someone to do the whole day from getting ready right through to first dance and evening do, i am not bothered about an album just all the photos on a disc but would be perfect to have an engagement shoot before :) heres

where my problem lies i dont have the £500+ budget to do this :( so i was wondering whether there is anyone out there wanting experience ie someone just starting up obviously we will pay but just havent got the £500 :(

if there is anyone who can help please get intouch as i have my heart set on a photographer :)

thankyou

Lmao Mat, very subtle but right.

Kayz...unfortunately if you are only willing to pay peanuts then expect to get a monkey and remember, this is the day that has to be caught first time and thats what you pay for, the experience and staminer in a photographer to catch the whole day right, no second chances.

There is also another aspect to what you are asking. Is it really fare of you to put an imense amount of pressure on an inexperienced person who is just trying to break into photography without much reward (especially for two shoots), I think it's quite selfish of you to do this to an inexperienced person....sorry to say this but others who read this may also agree with what I am saying.

Thanks for listening and I hope you take on board the points I have discussed in the nicest way possible.

Edited by HarryMac

To be fair, there do seem to be quite a high incidence people posting asking if someone can do a job for less than the going rate.

If you want a full day on the wedding you're looking at at least 2 days work in checking out the venue, taking the pictures and processing and burning them. Probably more like 3 or 4 days. And you want an engagement shoot too, which will be another day's work. It's a lot to ask for if you're paying a couple of hundred quid, but you'll be paying enough to feel disappointed if the person 'just starting out' makes a mess of it!

Save up - it's almost a year away for goodness sakes

If people want to buy you toasters for gifts, turn them down, and ask for donations towards the photographers fees instead

£10 a week, 50 weeks (between 2 of you, a fiver each!)

Sorted.

While i totally understand what your saying

if i just simply havent got the budget i havent got

it no two ways round that. I also think

for you say it is unreasonable for me to

ask someone unexperienced to do the job then surely everyone starts somewhere and from what i have seen people employ a photographer on reccomendations and experience that has got to

be gained from somewhere so i dony believe it is unfair

i believe i am willing to take a risk on

someone starting up that will give it there all if nothing else and not someone that will charge through the roof who i am just another client

to

Hi Kayz

I understand that you are just wanting to defend what you are trying to do here but an inexperienced photographer will work with with an experienced photographer to gain the skills needed to then go solo with his/her camera. An inexperienced person will **** the day up with what you are expecting.

Can I ask you a question, when you got your provisional drivers license did you start driving by yourself straight away, or did someone show you how to drive first before you went solo.

PS. Not all of us take the mick price wise but you have to take into account that the days shoot is only half the work, even though you only want the shots on disk, the original shots still need processing which is another few hours work.

I wish you well in your search.

Edited by HarryMac

While i totally understand what your saying

if i just simply havent got the budget i havent got

it no two ways round that. I also think

for you say it is unreasonable for me to

ask someone unexperienced to do the job then surely everyone starts somewhere and from what i have seen people employ a photographer on reccomendations and experience that has got to

be gained from somewhere so i dony believe it is unfair

i believe i am willing to take a risk on

someone starting up that will give it there all if nothing else and not someone that will charge through the roof who i am just another client

to

To be perfectly honest katy what you are offering would amount to a pitiful hourly rate given what you want from the photographer. Taking into account the costs of equipment, insurances expenses and so on effectively would leave the photographer working for next to nothing.

Would you ask any of your other suppliers to work for nothing (what follows may seem a little abrupt but the point I am making is valid)

Dear *insert venue manager name here*

Ok this is really cheeky but i am getting married on 2nd september 2011 and am in desperate need of a venue and catering i really want something proper... you know the whole sit down affair. I am not bothered about a set menu and a buffet style meal would do.

Where my problem lies i dont have the *insert value* budget to do this so i was wondering whether there is anyone out there wanting experience ie someone just starting up obviously we will pay but just havent got the *insert value*.

Of course the venue manager would happily oblige hiring staff, incurring costs for no profit... in fact most probably at a loss. Katy... this is where your (and a number of other people's) problems lie.

Normally after venue hire (and sometimes a wedding dress purchase) Photography is one of the most expensive items in a wedding budget (with good reason). Your wedding photographs (assuming you are not having a videographer) are your only real lasting memory of the day and you get what you pay for.

Photographers also have bills to pay, mouths to feed and so on... oddly enough we are actually people too and have similar requirements to the rest of society. Please bear this in mind in future when you ask someone to take 3-4 days out of their own life to record one of the most important days of your life... for what basically amounts to... for nothing.

Edited by livestrong
Typo... D'oh!