Petrol - prices, protests and panic

No super unleaded stats, though that is a good site for normal car drivers. Unfortunately I cant really contribute as I dont use my car regularly enough to help out.

I miss the AA petrol buster site :(

Hello,

Thanks for the mention of the site, I wondered why I just checked the stats and had over 60 first time visiters.

If there is enough interest in Super Unleaded I will add it too the site, the problem is that there isn't many stations that advertise the price of Super Unleaded on the big signs.

Still need more volunteers to email / PM me the prices. You don't have to be a regular driver. If you pass the same Petrol Station 2 or 3 times a week, whether in your car, on the bus or walking just make a note then email / PM me either the prices or a note saying no change.

Thanks for listening....

Possibly a listing of all places that do super unleaded could be added?

This lists all the shell garages (optimax) in the Sheffield area (all 6 of them):

http://www.viamichelin.com/b2b2c/gbr/dyn/controller/dlhomepage?&productId=61429

The continuing? Meadowhall Sainsburys station has been traditionally the cheapest for super, but its only 97 ron. The tesco garages are said to be doing 99ron stuff as and when their pumps are uprated to newer types. Not sure if this has happened to any round here yet. I've forgotten which garages do BP ultimate round here.

Trickle,

If anybody can send me such a list I will be happy to add it to the site.

Do all garages that sell Super Unleaded adverise the price on the large signs. as a lot of the prices are gained whilst just passing...

keep it up slimboy i follow the sites prices regularly and fill up at the one that states the lowest price,its a good effort for the local communitys thank you;)

I have a question looking at the price watch website I see that companies varies there prices for example Jet range from 94p to 96p, how can they charge different prices if its the same company.:rant::suspect:

areas ,most stations are now managed,ie they pay rent its up to them what they charge depending wot profit they want to make;)

Has to be due to this post, I have had 145 First Time Visiters to the site Yesterday (Sunday).

Thanks

Just filled up at the garage just behind the B&Q (Queens rd/Farm rd) It was 96.9p for unleaded. It was the same price on Thursday when I filled it up also...

I was just thinking on my way home, what exactly was it like 5 years ago when we were in a similar situation? I was 13 at the time, and whilst I recall the waiting, and the driving around looking for places with petrol left, I can't remember if this was like, all day.... I've just filled up and had the entire petrol station to myself, granted, it was like 7.05am when I filled up... But are we talking waiting in line at this time in a morning, or is it more like 3pm-7pm when people are popping out for their shopping/school run/coming home from work?

Originally posted by SlimboyFat

Has to be due to this post, I have had 145 First Time Visiters to the site Yesterday (Sunday).

Thanks

One of them was me :clap::thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!

Yes, me too - sorry I only got you the unleaded - but it never occured to me to get them as I only use unleaded - der :)

I'll try harder today....

I filled up last night on the way back from the unofficial Forum meet at Tesco on Abbeydale Road, just me and one other car in the the place, so not exactly doing a roaring trade at 11 pm on a Sunday evening :)

93.9p a litre for unleaded, all the 4 star pumps seemed to have out of use hangers on them. I noticed that the station near the old Classic Rock Bar on Ecclesall Rd was 94.9 as I passed.