Cinema ticket prices

I went to the Showroom Cinema last night and was charged £7.40 for a film ticket. How does compare with the other cinema's in Sheffield.

On my reckoning the price of a ticket has gone up by 7.25%

Vue is £6.25 for an adult... there is one in meadowhall but i'm not sure where there is any others, and it depends on the film you see... 3D adds about 2 pound to that and vue has different types of seats so prices vary!! The best thing to do with cineworld is to sign up for the unlimited card, i think its £13 still..

Vue is £6.25 for an adult... there is one in meadowhall but i'm not sure where there is any others, and it depends on the film you see... 3D adds about 2 pound to that and vue has different types of seats so prices vary!! The best thing to do with cineworld is to sign up for the unlimited card, i think its £13 still..

£13.50 plus £1.50 levy charge each time when viewing 3D films, (£2.10 charge for 3d on top of film price for non unlimited card holder) the cards great value as long as its used twice or more a month, ive had my card a few days shy of a month and will be going again tomorrow for the forth time :)

I hate cinema prices - by the time you've got a drink and some popcorn you're paying £12. You can go and see a live theatre show in London for £15! It's crazy high and IMO encouraging pirate movies which are easy to get and perfect quality, often even in HD.

I'm a camera op, I love films and understand the money involved but only 6-7 years ago I used to pay £2.10 at my local cinema and they let you go to the Spa next door for drinks and popcorn!

There's nothing to stop you taking refreshments in really. At Cineworld, we usually call at Aldi round the corner for drinks and snacks - I don't mind the price of the tickets so much, it's the 3 quid drinks that bother me.

Crazy prices! I only tend to go early on a wednesday!

The reason why the prices are so high is because they dont make much money for the films they show, it cost loads for them to have the rights to show the films, they make money through Popcorn, Sweets, Drinks etc, hence the prices and why they dont like to see you smuggle your own food in !

I was amazed when I went back to Belfast a few weeks ago and saw a 3d movie for £4, including the glasses!!

Why people can't manage to go for a couple of hours without slurping drinks and rustling packaging while they mindlessly stuff their faces is beyond me anyway. Don't like high Cinema food prices? Have your tea before you go!

Why people can't manage to go for a couple of hours without slurping drinks and rustling packaging while they mindlessly stuff their faces is beyond me anyway. Don't like high Cinema food prices? Have your tea before you go!

Haha good point!

What annoys me is when I have paid for the ticket, and get some annoying kid and it's mother sat behind me.... happened twice in a row it is almost like they saw me and homed in like an attack. Stupid little sod asking his mum silly questions and such most of the way through.

One was iron man 2, some AC/DC music comes on kid goes "mum mum its ac/dc!!!!" me sat thinking "STFU BRAT!" then "wait how the hell does this kid know who ac/dc are??"

Later on near the end where he kisses the lass the kid goes "ewwwwwww" spoils the moment.

His mum prolly thought it was cute... never shushed him even once.

This stuff is the reason downloads are on the rise each year. High price + inconsiderate retards. And if you say owt to em you will now get acid thrown on your face.