Would you boycott petrol stations?

Would you boycott a petrol station?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott a petrol station?

• Yes I would boycott a petrol station
    • No I would not boycott a petrol station

No, I don't, and I think it's a dismally dull and stupid idea. If you really object to fuel prices, change the way you live.

Buy shares in petrochemical comapies to offset the cost of them dicking me on price?

Well thankyou for that comment perhaps you would like to elaborate on why it is a stupid idea. :rolleyes:Perhaps you have that much money you don't mind paying over the odds, as for changing my lifestyle I drive an economical car and drive over 320 miles a week commuting to work.

Get work nearer to home and buy a bike. If you can't see why it's an utterly lame and rubbish idea I can't help you.

It'd make more sense than faux outrage and lame boycott plans on the bloody internet wouldn't it?

Well it is what i do, not BP and the biggies but the ones that go round exploring and digging holes.

Between the falklands and some well in africa (i forget where) i'm well up on the deal.

A boycott is a really daft idea.

I live on the south side of Sheffield. I'd spend more money travelling back and forth to Barnsley or Morrisons to fill up my tank than buying more locally.

Actually, to be truthful, I fill up in Hull most weeks. I go there most weeks, and it is cheaper at Sainsbury's or Asda in Hull than anywhere in Sheffield.

The bottom line is anyone with a brain fills up at the cheapest station they would be passing anyway (or going very close to).

If someone felt strongly that a particular station was price gouging then boycotting would be utterly ineffective, turning up with similar minded chums parking up to block all the pumps then locking your cars and taking a stroll in the locale would be far more effective in focuing their minds on their pricing policy.

I've done it twice!

Stopped using the station at Page hall after they showed no interest in a faulty pump that didn't switch off when the tank was full and spilled over my clothing.

The one at the bottom of Fife Street (now a car wash) increased their prices enormousely when we had the petrol tankers strike, so I refused to use them afterwards.

Result....both are now closed.

Wincobank now has a car wash.

Page hall now has a Tesco.

People power, lol.

But why is there such a variation in prices. Are Sheffield people being taken for mugs. Distribution wise it costs no more to deliver to Sheffield than to Barnsley. Also one assumes that the bigger stations take a complete tanker full rather than half a tanker so they should save on that aspect of the distribution costs. You don't have to boycott a station just use the cheapest that you can find within economical distance. For many years I was using 2 or 3 tanks a week and as it was a 70 litre tank that to me made it worth making sure that I filled up where I got most benefit either in the price or the loyalty / store cards.