Tailors for Salwar Kameez

Hi im looking for a tailor to sew some salwar kameezes for me..If you know anyone please let me know

Thankyou :)

There used to be an asian tailor on Staniforth road, but not been down that way for a while, nearer the Staniforth Arms than Darnall.

There used to be an asian tailor on Staniforth road, but not been down that way for a while, nearer the Staniforth Arms than Darnall.

Staniforth Arms :o You haven't been down there in a very long while. It's been a restaurant for the last 4 years (with a few interesting name changes)...and before that it was a sort of Asian drop in centre IIRC. :D

there is a good old fashioned asian cloth shop somewhere in pitsmoor/burngreave, that could probably point you in the right direction for a good tailor. sorry i cant be a bit more specific but i only saw it as i was being driven past in an outpatients ambulance on the way to the northern!

best places to have a scout around will be abbeydale road and around pitsmoor/fir vale, as these have large asian communities so will no doubt have some tailors there as well. they certainly have the shops that sell the rolls of material with which to make them, so no doubt the owners will know some tailors as well.

He doesn't do ladies just mens suits and trousers.

Rabia why not buy ready made? Used to know a rabia size 8 could fit into anything ready made

Theres a tailor down page hall in the arshad textiles shop i think

Hi im looking for a tailor to sew some salwar kameezes for me..If you know anyone please let me know

Thankyou :)

Castle Market [brilliant in it] opposite The Soda Fountain.

Given this thread was started almost a year ago, I doubt he still needs to know where any Asian tailors are.

Edited by damo

Given this thread was started almost a year ago, I doubt he still needs to know where any Asian tailors are.

Lol i'm a she :) and these are all useful and im always looking for new tailors... for cheaper prices ;)

Lol i'm a she :) and these are all useful and im always looking for new tailors... for cheaper prices ;)

Glad to be of help thats what the S.F. is all about.

i sew all kinds. doing it since 7 years but just for hobby craft or fairs etc... can do 7-8 sorts of salwars, kurta, kameez, anrakha etc... sari(petticoat, blouse, pleated belt sari), lehanga, chooridar, u name it. indian and pakistani... if you are still looking, i can sew for a reasonable charge... call me 07401553388

Edited by aphroditas