Diabetes : make an informed choice

Diet is the first course or treatment, insulin last.

I read your research from 1922, our understanding of diabetes has moved on, substantially, since then. I trust you have read mine, from this century?

Unless the person is Type 1 diabetic - insulin is the ONLY and non optional treatment.

It makes you talk rubbish and kills people if they believe you.

This strawman again? You erally don't have anything else? Everybody with diabetese should be working with your doctor. If you catch it early enough the doc will work with you on diet and excercise and regular glucose testing. If you cannot keep in normal limits medication may be used. If that doesn't work only then will insulin be advised.

This strawman again? You erally don't have anything else? Everybody with diabetese should be working with your doctor. If you catch it early enough the doc will work with you on diet and excercise and regular glucose testing. If you cannot keep in normal limits medication may be used. If that doesn't work only then will insulin be advised.

This is only true for Type 2 diabetes.

Unless the person is Type 1 diabetic - insulin is the ONLY and non optional treatment.

Depends on how much insulin they are producing naturally. But indeed eventually every type I will be on some level of insulin.

Some are abstracts only, some are not.

My work is reasearch. I know how to use Pubmed and sitations. I do review of literature all the time. I work at one of the best hospitals in America.

OK, good. Then I have a couple of questions. Are there any more recent literature than 2005? Do you have links to the actual published papers, rather than the reviews that you have quoted here? And, are there any published data to the contrary?

Diet is the first course or treatment, insulin last.

I read your research from 1922, our understanding of diabetes has moved on, substantially, since then. I trust you have read mine, from this century?

Just out of interest can you tell us are you Type 1 or type 2.

Depends on how much insulin they are producing naturally. But indeed eventually every type I will be on some level of insulin.

No - once diagnosed, Type 1 diabetics are ALWAYS put on insulin since they produce NONE of their own.

This is not for type 1 diabetes.

Please tell me what hospital you allegeldy work for so I can tell them they have a walking liability lawsuit on their hands. Thanks.

[/b]

No - once diagnosed, Type 1 diabetics are ALWAYS put on insulin since they produce NONE of their own.

Type I is an autoimmune responce that attacks the insulin producing cells in the pancreas. While this process is occuring the pacreas makes less and less insulin.

By the time you are diagnosed, it really depends where you are in that process. Some people can be diagnosed while still preducing levels of insulin. But yeah, at some stage inevitably there will be none.

Edited by back2basics

This is not for type 1 diabetes.

Please tell me what hospital you allegeldy work for so I can tell them they have a walking liability lawsuit on their hands. Thanks.

Where did i say i was talking exclusivly about type I? All you know is the strawman. Type I only accounts for little more than 5% of all cases.

Type I is an autoimmune responce that attacks the insulin producing cells in the pancreas. While this process is occuring the pacreas make less and less insulin.

By the time you are diagnosed, it really depends where you are in that process. Some people can be diagnosed while still preducing levels of insulin. But yeah, at some stage inevitably there will be none.

If you are diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes the ONLY treatment is insulin to start immediately.

Oh dear - I'm beginning to sound like a parrot !:help:

Who is this strawman you keep quoting?:)

Edited by Daven

Where did i say i was talking exclusivly about type I? All you know is the strawman. Type I only accounts for little more than 5% of all cases.

You don't understand the definition of a strawman. You have proposed the position that diet alone is sufficient to treat diabetes. Since withdrawl of insulin from a type 1 diabetic will kill them my argument is valid and is not a strawman.

What hospital - if any - is it you work at?