Ferrets as pets .. Fantastic little animals!

mollys_mom

I don't understand why you have to value one pet over another??

Surely a rabbit makes a better pet for one person than a ferret would, but a ferret makes a better pet for someone else than a rabbit does??

It'd be so boring if we were all the same!

My dallies are perfect for me, but not a breed I'd suggest for just anyone - their perfect breed would be something different.

I run the ferret hutch rescue and the only reason ferrets get nasty is either cos they have been mistreated or scared or simply not nip trained. Please feel free to come to one of the rescue either mine or the one sarah runs and find out for your self. I have had some vicious ones and sarah knows and seen the ones i have turned around and now cute and cuddley and balls of fun.

i get annoyed when people say there nasty and smelly please if anyone wonts to see some of the ferrets and handle them please ask and we can make arrangements for you

i would love some ferrets but my bf says we are at full capacity pet wise atm booo :(

i have my rats and i love them because they are so interactive and fun but their down side is there short lifespan i havent been unlucky enough to lose one of my squishes yet but it will kill me when they go.

i havent had any first hand experience with ferrets but understand they are similar to rats in that they like to play and be with you but are a bit larger more robust and ive longer. i would def like to own a ferret in the future

I love g-pigs and rabbits and rats and ferrets and have and do own them all (apart from rabbits - havent had them in a year or so) we have also had hamsters and gerbils etc etc so the whole range just about. I had rats when I was at uni and they were fab. Very intelligent very tame, much like my ferrets are now! I had a mix of rescue buns with a mix of temprements. The guinea pigs we have and have had all had a massive range of personalities and yes some were skittish but others soft as a brush.

Its each to thier own - some people just couldnt get on with a certain animal I suppose but you have to get to know the animal first. It is judgemnets that are made without having owned a pet that can give them a bad name. That said if someone didnt care for a ferret left its cage to stink didnt get it neutered and never handled it yes it would bite and be vicious through fear - but the same would be true of a lot of pets.

They are all different at the end of the day and we all think our own are the best no matter what they are :)

• 3 weeks later...
i run the ferret hutch rescue and the only reason ferrets get nasty is either cos they have been mistreated or scared or simply not nip trained. Please feel free to come to one of the rescue either mine or the one sarah runs and find out for your self. I have had some vicious ones and sarah knows and seen the ones i have turned around and now cute and cuddley and balls of fun.

I get annoyed when people say there nasty and smelly please if anyone wonts to see some of the ferrets and handle them please ask and we can make arrangements for you

frankie stinks but i loves him lol