Info about Doormen's licences in Sheffield req'd

Hello everyone new to the forum, got a problem ive just passed my door exam and im sending off for my license the cost is 190 the money is not refundable and ive got a criminal record so if they decline me i will lose the money does anyone no whats acceptable on your license. thanks

I think it very much depends on what kind of conviction you have. If it involves violence, I wouldn't think you have any chance at all, that's what the check is there for.

Convictions for violence and or sexual convictions mean you wont get your license.

When I got my CRB check they went right back to when I was a teenager and everything was on there,but if its only minor stuff or a long time ago you ought to be ok as long as its not the above.

Glee - ive just done the same thing, from what i remember if its over 5 yrs ago and not overly serious you'll be fine, if not you will have to wait for that 5 yr period to expire, thats what i remember if im wrong please someone lemme know thanks, and im just sending my form off, anyone know if you pay for the CRB ya self it still £190?

WuSu

*ps any door work going for when i get my SIA card?*

The answers to a lot of your questions can be found on the Security Industry Authority website:

http://www.the-sia.org.uk/home/

You need to wait until 2 years after the end of sentence/penalty for all convictions and 5 years for "serious" convictions.

With "serious" convictions they will look the specifics and patterns of offending before deciding.

The website lists what they consider "serious" etc.

The cost of £190 cannot be reduced but it is tax deductible.

I have had loads of problems with the SIA, and my application forms. They rejected my 1st forms saying my bank details were incorrect, and I've resent them again, but there saying they haven't recieved anything yet to show this on there system, so it looks like I'm going to have to apply for a new passport & birth certificate.

If you're sending inportant documentation DO NOT make the same mistake as me! Make sure you send it by recorded delivery and not 1st class

I would always recommend that you keep a photocopy of the completed forms as well.