Archie sick after worming tablet

nikki-red

Hi all!

Sooo Archie had a worming tablet earlier today. I weighed him and as it said gave it him with food on an empty stomach.

However, about 1 and half hours after taking it he was sick, which he proceeded to eat :gag:, then on a walk an hour after that he was sick again.

Could it have been the tablet that made him sick?

Do I need to give him another tablet because he was sick?

Was it the tablet working that made him sick? I couldnt see anything in it but didnt get much chance to look.

Thanks, Nikki.....x

Edited by nikki-red

right well i would def reccomend drontal or wilburmax for worming it is what the vets use and promote. the ones like bob martin and jophnsons arent as effective. look online for your drontal for worms and frontline for fleas they are cheaper than buying from the vet.

diamond is always sick after her worming tabs and i never repeat as you dont know how much they absorbed before vommiting.

the vet recommended i give her half a tab every half hour until she has had the required dose and she has been fine since i started doing that no more puking lol sometimes i think its too much all at once for their stomach it is a chemical after all?

dont worry about him eating the vomit all dogs do it its normal for them.

id have a look online for that too maybe cheaper than the pet shop. hope archie is ok and being a good boy for you

I definately will do, and hes being a star! Hes even been off lead the last few days when weve known no dogs (or people) were around and he was great. :love: