Canine Running Partner Wanted!

Does anyone know a dog that would like a bit more exercise? I am a runner and although I can't own my own dog I would love to take a dog out running with me. I normally run for 1 hour in the Endclffe/Porter Valley area.

The dog would have to enjoy it obviously, have the right temperament (not likely to bite runners/walkers/other animals!), and be fit enough to run for an hour, although I would be able to build up his fitness if he needed it.

Please PM me or reply to this thread if you might be interested.

Thanks!

there are plenty of rescue dogs out there that im sure would be glad of this!!!

We have a lovely bitch in kennels called Molly - SHE WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS!!!!

She is a high energy dog - and full of beans - long legged too.

How would you be able to pick up the dog though - she is kenelled over at Kilnhurst, Rotherham.

You could come and pick up a variety of dogs from us - there are some nice places to run around the area - and it would mean at least some of the other dogs also sometimes go out for the exercise they so desperately need.

Let me know if its something you could manage - I would be more than interested to sort it out with you

rr

rainrescue, i'm interesed in dog walking, is it possible to do it eve/weekends???

Weekends we are desperate for good walkers. Evenings - the dogs are settled back in after about 4.00 so not as easy as its boarding kennels, u

What sort of dogs are you used to walking?

pm Nicholls5 - she is our people co-ordinator and LOVES new walkers.

Yes Pleeeeeeeese Pm me Weenireeni and anyone who is interested in walking the dogs. I can meet you anytime Sat / Sun and introduce you to them all, they are lovley and would love you to come along to help get them out of kennels for a while walking or throwing them a ball in the garden, it makes a massive differance.

If you let me know what time is best for you, Ill be there.

Eccy babe, Molly would be ideal, she loves to run around and meet people. Please let us know if you can get up to meet her, I'll show you she's lovley, like them all at Netherlands.

Many thanks all for caring x

Edited by nicholls5

Hi, thanks for your messages.

I would definitely be interested in taking a rescue dog out for a run - unfortunately Rotherham is too far for me to travel, but I will ask in Sheffield and see whether they need dog walkers too :) x

have you tried millhouse Animal sanctary,mayfield rd,you can take their dogs out.

Oh thats a shame - i thought it would be.

Sheffield Dog Rescue also have a lot of dumped dogs needing exercise. Give them a call from their website and see. Maybe try Sheffield RSPCA down attercliffe?

Brilliant - I went to Millhouse animal sanctuary and took a nice dog out for a walk up Porter Clough. It was too hot to run, but I think he enjoyed jumping in the stream etc, I'll def take him out again :)

I have no association with Millhouses at all - but i'd like to say a big thank you to you.

Brilliant eccy - also dont forget if you get the chance whilst you have a dog out - send us a picture and a write up - we will put it upon our rainrescue website.

It always helps when rehoming a dog when people actually see them further than inside of the kennels. They are a totally different dog.

i hope you keep on doing i, and could even start some video stuff so people could watch you taking different ones out - even get some of your fellow runners to do the same. All dogs need exercise. One of the biggest reasons that dogs cause problems in the home is because they are bored to death and don't have enough exercise. this is a great thin for them and just what they need.

Thank you for taking one out from Millhouse - they are a great rescue and have been helping animals for many years around the Sheffield Area.