Young teen age girls getting contraceptives without parents' knowledge

are you trying to be simple?

whether its prescribed for sex or period pains its still the same contraceptive drug!

so in your opinion it should be prescribed for other medical conditions but not as a contraceptive use despite the fact that it is a contraceptive drug!

if a under age girl wanted it to prevent her self getting pregnant but (in your bubble world) she could only get it for say heavy painfull periods then that is what she would tell the doctor what she wanted for meaning changing the law so it can only be prescribed for "other" conditions would be nothing but a mockery.

so yes your post was clear just flawed and to be honest damn right stupid :loopy:

This is a public forum in which people are free to respond to threads with THEIR opinions, why is it that you have such a problem with MY opinion as this is all it is, everyone is entitled to their say and no we are not all going to agree and feel the same way about issues but there is absolutely no need to insult me because I happen to have a different view on things from you!!!!

Good to know that this can be given to a child without the parents knowledge! :huh:

Why? The law is very clear, if the child is able to understand the consequences of taking the drug, they are able to consent to having the drug.

But there would be no difference in prescription. These implants were developed as contraceptives and fall under the NHS guidelines for contraceptives, which mean that they are free at the point of delivery even for people who pay for their prescriptions.

The other advantageous side effects are just that- side effects. The same has applied to those who were prescribed the pill for painful periods or acne throughout the years.

Let me try to explain this again, It is not the contraceptives I have an issue with, I myself had to go on the pill for other reasons when I was young.

My problem is with a doctor prescribing contraceptives to an underage girl, knowing that her reason for wanting them is purely to indulge in under age sex, That is my problem, I have never said that I did not agree with them being prescribed for other medical reasons and I would like to think that if a young girl went to the doctors with say heavy painful periods that the doctor would do further tests before just issuing them with the pill or implants.

Why? The law is very clear, if the child is able to understand the consequences of taking the drug, they are able to consent to having the drug.

This is a big IF.

This is probably the reason that there are so many children taking ilegal drugs!

Let me try to explain this again, It is not the contraceptives I have an issue with, I myself had to go on the pill for other reasons when I was young.

My problem is with a doctor prescribing contraceptives to an underage girl, knowing that her reason for wanting them is purely to indulge in under age sex, That is my problem, I have never said that I did not agree with them being prescribed for other medical reasons and I would like to think that if a young girl went to the doctors with say heavy painful periods that the doctor would do further tests before just issuing them with the pill or implants.

This issue was tried in a court of law, and the judgement was that as long as the child was mature enough to give an informed consent, it was legal.

This is a big IF.

The "if"is obviously up to the judgemnet of the GP perscribing, they are legally accountable for that decision.

This is probably the reason that there are so many children taking ilegal drugs!

I think that your examples are two completely separate issues.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

Doesn't the law also say something about no sex untill sixteen years of age or something? Which law is very clear?

This issue was tried in a court of law, and the judgement was that as long as the child was mature enough to give an informed consent, it was legal.

Well. That's ok then!!

Doesn't the law also say something about no sex untill sixteen years of age or something? Which law is very clear?

The age of consent laws are not very clear.

Apparently although it is technically illegal for two fifteen year olds to have sex, the Home Office has stated 'the law is not intended to prosecute mutually agreed teenage sexual activity between two young people of a similar age, unless it involves abuse or exploitation.'

I did post that a few pages back.

The "if"is obviously up to the judgemnet of the GP perscribing, they are legally accountable for that decision.

I think that your examples are two completely separate issues.

They are, but they both illustrate the fact that a child is not always mature enough to make such decisions, even though they may appear to be.

Good to know that this can be given to a child without the parents knowledge! :huh:

All contraception has side effects, the combined pill has as many if not more side effects. Personally having an implant for period pains I think is a bit too much when there is other things that can be tried. However if it is for period pains and contraception it might be the best option.

As a 30 year old with no children I have felt slightly pressured by doctors constantly mentioning the implant and also the hormone coil, dispite me telling them that I'm not interested, they mention it ever time I go :lol: I guess it's cost effective as you doing have to go again for 3 years.

I know in the past the family planning clinics would set up a meeting with a health care worker before underage girls saw the doctor. They would go through all the reasons why they wanted it and the relationship they were in and then if they thought it was a good enough reason go through all the side effects and the different options. I guess it was a way of trying to give children the opportunity to ask for help if they needed it and working out if the child was at risk or it was a mature personal choice they had made for themselves.

The age of consent laws are not very clear.

Apparently although it is technically illegal for two fifteen year olds to have sex, the Home Office has stated 'the law is not intended to prosecute mutually agreed teenage sexual activity between two young people of a similar age, unless it involves abuse or exploitation.'

I did post that a few pages back.

Yeah I saw it. ;)