HELP 6 weeks pregnant & light bleeding

please call the midwife hun asap it may be nothing or you make need to be checked out

unfortuanetly i have just miscarriaged and had a bit of cramping 2 weeks ago but just left it

good luck xxx

I bled with all my babies it is more common then people think, but please get it checked out for reasurance. I hope all is well.

I am so sorry amy to hear yr sad loss :(:(.

OK stop panicing, its very normal, quite often cells inside the womb grow over the cervix during pregnancy, its those cells that bleed after sex, very common apparently. So please try not to worry,

Wow sorry to hear that Amy, I've had 7, not great is it x

Oh Amy I am so sorry :cry:

To the OP. I sneezed with DS#3 and started to bleed, a bit like what you described and I was sent for an early internal scan, luckily everything was ok

Don't know much about female intuition in pregnancy but I feel negative - I feel that the baby's gone. Is this natural with scares like this?

Cosywolf, with your first when you bled how did you feel. I just feel like my guts telling me its gone. Stupid I know...

I was convinced I'd lost them. I was convinced the whole way through with my second that I would lose him. But I hadn't. hormones! So rest, see your doc - I believe it's only your doc who can refer you to the Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit - and don't torture yourself until you know either way (so much easier said than done).

Bleeding is hugely common. I wish someone had told me that first time round.

First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having sex at any time at all during pregnancy, the only exception being after the waters have broken due to the high infection risk, so please do not feel in any way that you have done something wrong. You haven't!

Secondly, as has already been said, some light bleeding is not uncommon at all.

I have had 3 children and have also experienced a miscarriage.

I have to contradict a previous post however, as many women experience miscarriages with minimal pain or pain similar to pre menstral cramps.

By all means contact your midwife to ask if you would be able to have an early scan or a blood test to check your HCG levels. But in the mean time try not to worry too much (I know that's a lot easier said than done), there is absolutely nothing you or a midwife can do to stop a miscarriage, if that what it turned out to be, but fingers crossed it wont be. Let us know how you get on.

Em xxx

hi kat how did you get on hun xx

Hi,

One of my friends had her "period" and didn't even realise until her period did not come this one month. She was 16 weeks pregnant by then! So for some women bleeding is not an indication of miscarriage.

Good luck