Naughty 4 yr old on Sheffield Star tonight front page!

i have an almost 4 year old girl with a temper ! she would never hit out tho as she knows its wrong. we had a similar tradegy in our family 2 years ago which she has no memory of now and it has been proven by a higher authority that this is true. i think the boy needs a bit of love in his life as kids react badly to not having it and feel upset when it is taken away from them which i myself find is the best discipline. when my daughter is out of line i ignore her when she apologises which she always does she gets a kiss and a cuddle afterwards and we "make friends" as she calls it . i find this story sad. and i also think every one is entiltled to thier own opinions. challenge the statement not the person.

Dish the dirt!

I know! You can't just say that and disappear. One of her relatives was on earlier in the thread making cryptic comments too. It's like watching a soap and missing the an episode so you never know how the cliff hanger ends! Bah!

my god are you for real?? chastisement not abuse ! you handwringing lefties are whats wrong with this world/country today always looking to excuse in the name of human rights etc etc

Erm... I don't think so. Before criticising the 'lefties'' view of things, try your own. Being violent towards a child to show them that violence is not the answer?

You rabid righties are what's wrong with this world/country/online forum - always looking for an excuse to give someone a good hiding. :nono:

(Comments may have been exaggerated for effect.)

Erm... I don't think so. Before criticising the 'lefties'' view of things, try your own. Being violent towards a child to show them that violence is not the answer?

You rabid righties are what's wrong with this world/country/online forum - always looking for an excuse to give someone a good hiding. :nono:

(Comments may have been exaggerated for effect.)

you say violent we say chastisement. teaches right from wrong, has done for centuries...........well until the liberal left stuck their big noses in and now we are all supposed to cower to the PC brigade.!

rabid righties ))) ok if you say so and by the way a good hiding where its deserved works wonders no excuse needed!

Its such a shame this little boy behaved the way he did.......but I do think that nurture does play a big part of a childs growth pattern. They say by the time a child reaches 7 they are hard wired - lets hope it was a one off incident (but me thinks not!)

you say violent we say chastisement. teaches right from wrong, has done for centuries...........well until the liberal left stuck their big noses in and now we are all supposed to cower to the PC brigade.!

rabid righties ))) ok if you say so and by the way a good hiding where its deserved works wonders no excuse needed!

Here here :). Couldnt have put it better myself.