Could you cope with honest politicians?

No holds barred honest politicians ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. No holds barred honest politicians ?

• Yes, give it to me straight
    • Not on your Nelly, I'd rather not know
    • I'm confused

Are we grown up enough to be able to cope with honest politicians.

What would you think to one who was straight about having had a life in the past, maybe admitting to still not being perfect now?

Would bare faced honesty be a devastatingly powerful weapon or just the route to oblivion?

If they were honest people would be annoyed that they tried to get the majority to do one thing whilst they did/have done what they urge others not to do (or do, depending!) As people are often annoyed when they do what they shouldn't (or don't do what they should) and lie about it.

If they were honest people would be annoyed that they tried to get the majority to do one thing whilst they did/have done what they urge others not to do (or do, depending!) As people are often annoyed when they do what they shouldn't (or don't do what they should) and lie about it.

Well hopefully if they knew they were going to have to be more open, they would be less inclined to behave in such a way that would eventually show them to be hypocritical.

In theory. I suppose in reality this doesn't work, such as with foreign policy, since the hypocricy is so blatant yet it's simply not at the front of people's minds.

Shouldn't we ask whether we need rather than want to know?

I think, for example, hat someone's marital status and/or conduct is an entirely private matter.

An interesting observation Womerry2.

Take a look at the various election leaflets that have come through your letterbox on behalf of candidates (of all parties) currently standing in the local and parliamentary elections.

Here's a sample of some election leaflets that I've seen.....

"G is married and lives in ...." (Green)

"Her two daughters were both born at the Jessop's hospital. A's eldest has just graduated from Sheffield University". (Conservative)

"J lives locally with his partner and their two young daughters" (Labour)

"A is married to....." (Lib Dem)

All these leaflets proclaim marital status, family details and a link to Sheffield or the council ward in which the candidate is standing.

I'm not sure that this is really of any interest to the voters, but maybe I could be wrong? Aren't voters more interested in what candidates say their policies are and what they want to achieve if elected?

What would you think to one who was straight about having had a life in the past, maybe admitting to still not being perfect now?

Would bare faced honesty be a devastatingly powerful weapon or just the route to oblivion?

Most political parties screen their candidates, if only by asking "Is there anything in your private life that you should tell us about which may embarrass our party?"

And if a candidate should confess to "having had a life in the past" and/or "maybe admitting to still not being perfect now" - then it's at that point that political oblivion occurs!

Hopefully they will be honest.

The honest politician is a legendary creature embodied like an average politician, but without a personal agenda that is dominating his or her worldview, and with a tendency to speak the truth which distinguishes him or her from an ordinary politician.

The honest politician is one of the few fabulous creatures that does not seem to have been conceived out of human fears. In even the earliest references they are fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, but always mysteriously truthful.

Computers help us find the truth, such as,

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

Edited by jobee

Computers help us find the truth, such as,

http://www.debtbombshell.com/

Well done Jobee, you've missed the point by a country mile.

I'd like to think I could cope with an honest politician, but I don't know where to find one.

'' Yes I did smoke dope at University and I thoroughly enjoyed it '' would be refreshing wouldn't it?