Surrounded by potentially vicious dogs.

The sooner they bring in pet insurance the better ... that'd put all but the most responsible dog owners off having a pet.

Most responsible pet owner have insurance we do. at least then if the dog is ill you don't have to worry where the money is coming from. Vets charge whey to much in my opion

ok , well i am a mother to a 2 year old son and i have a labrador and a staffyx my dogs are perfect with my son and vica versa, but again would never leave them alone togeater thats just being responsible, my dogs have never done anything to my child nor they ever would

on the flip side i have viscious dogs on one side and know how it feels, but i do take precautions myself of keeping my own child safe from them dogs and they make no attempt.

i think it should be both sides personally you cant blame it just on the dog owner ,that's irresponsible on your part as a grandparent and irresponsible on there part as a pet owner, if you really love your grandchild that much keep him or her safe by making your garden secure and watching them at all times

the fencing for there dogs is obviously working as you have never mentioned the dogs have been on your garden so there for your problem lies with you, i am not backing dogs up here.

i have a child as well myself so im backing neither up, i personally cannot afford to fence my garden up from my neighbours dogs so therefore i do not use it but that's my choice .

however if i had enough money or the support of my parents then i would get my garden completely fenced off, unfortunately my relationship with my parents is not as good as with your son or daughter

As I said before - wish I had a penny for every time someone had claimed their dog to be friendly and harmless.

When a dog attacks a child the owner invariably claims that dog has been around children and never harmed anyone before. Very sociable animal etc etc.

If I am out with the dogs then I make sure no child comes near them. My responsibility is for the safety of the child - whoever the child may be.

I wish I had a penny for every time it was true.

I think you'd be about 6 pence richer than me, and we'd both be very rich.

I wish I had a penny for every time it was true.

I think you'd be about 6 pence richer than me, and we'd both be very rich.

I'm that generous I'd give you a bit of my 6 pence - just to show there's no real hard feelings. Damn! It's a dud 6 pence. Some so and so's have been lying to me. :hihi:

As I said before - wish I had a penny for every time someone had claimed their dog to be friendly and harmless.

When a dog attacks a child the owner invariably claims that dog has been around children and never harmed anyone before. Very sociable animal etc etc.

If I am out with the dogs then I make sure no child comes near them. My responsibility is for the safety of the child - whoever the child may be.

Like me, A responsible dog owner ...... Well said. :)

I have read your thread.

To me it seems more about the child approaching a dog inappropriatly .

Not about a dog running up to a child and scaring it and then being told by the dog owner 'dont worry it's only it's only playing'

Not at all stewpot, irresponsible dog owners do let their dogs run around loose, terrifying adults as well as children. And as DragonofAna said

If I am out with the dogs then I make sure no child comes near them".
. And these would be the children of irresponsible parents, who have never taught their child/ren not to approach dogs.

However, I am pleased and proud to say that my dogs never growled or snarled at, or bit any child or adult, nor did they run up to people, because they were trained not to. So unfortunately, no pennies are coming your way from me. :hihi:

Edited by esme
cleaned up quote tags

Thankyou for all your comments .

Please note I wrote POTENTIALLY dangerous in my title.

If I had written 'dangerous' that would have been a different scenario as the dogs would have probably been destroyed if they had a history of violence.

I dont want my grandchild to make history.

I do believe dogs have been known to escape from fenced gardens.

Did you actually engage your brain when you supposedly read the title.

LOOK. READ. DIGEST.

I think the point was that it does come across as slightly sensationalist. Potentially all animals are dangerous as are many humans.

Although reading your first post made your point quite clear - the title itself is a bit misleading is all.