The demise of our local paper

Bet your bosses dont know your on here!

Bet they will be having kittens trying to work out who you are :D

If he speaks like he writes he'll be the one spouting gibberish ten to the dozen and never pausing for breath.

damo in reply to your quote i am a boss or should we say head of a departmant

How many people that used to buy it but now just look online at the stories instead?

I am defiantly in that group, I used to buy The Star in the 80's/90's but not since the internet took off in 2000+. As for some of the recent headlines mentioned by Hotphil, I agree with him, some stories are defiantly from the "take a break" school of journalism. If The Star got back to real local news and issues it may be worth buying again to read the whole story.

I dont mind someone from the Star coming on here, makes a nice change.

I just would love to see the scenes in the office once they find out someone is leaking info!

So can you finally admit that the Sheffield Star steal stories off this forum?

Rioja Gasps short intake of oxygen ,cat amongst the pigeons , the readers have a right to know the truth and for you to comment onme spouting jibberish what about the workforce that have and soon will be losing their jobs(me included in your eyes)

theres not A BOMB on your street is there if so buy the star in a months time and theyll report it

No its down in the tube station.

damo in reply to your last comment im no leaking info im just telling readers how it is

and replying to your comment do sheffield star USE info off this forum you need to ask the journalists

wardour st ... a silent echo and then a

I have frequently contacted The Star to offer my services as as proof-reader, since before the move out to Dinnington, as it's been patently obvious that the people involved in writing up the stories have no idea whatsoever about spelling, and spell-checking, neither have they any idea about the geography of Sheffield.

The number of times that I have seen stories "reported", where the action has taken place in XX street, in YY district, when the street and the reported district are miles apart. (For example, in recent months, something happened on XXXX Street in Woodhouse, which was reported as being XXXX Street, Attercliffe.)

if it's a local paper, you'd think that the Journos and the writers would at least be sticklers for local accuracy.

You can partially excuse a local paper here in Sheffield for reporting a story from, say, London, and the report saying it's X Street Camberwell, when it's actually in Wembley, as it's not a local interest story, but for the camberwell rag to say X Street Camberwell, when it's Wembley, would be an unforgivable gaffe.

When the paying public see such frequent, and glaring errors in a newspaper that is meant to have local interest, it's no wonder the circulation is dropping off. It just screams to the reader "I may have written this piece, but I don't actually give enough of a monkeys about providing any accuracy for the reader"

I often think, whilst looking at the Star newspaper, "Why on earth did I waste my money on this garbage?"

No its down in the tube station.

"....at midnight. ohh-oh ohhh!" ?

wardour st ... a silent echo and then a

Sorry thought it was smithers jones.

as a relative outsider, my perspective is that the reason the star is facing problems, is because it's virtually unreadable.

vacuous non stories mixed up with kind of local 'news' that is usually the exclusive domain of the 'free-sheets' i delivered as a teenager in the south. mix that up with the adverts and listings, and there is no content of any substance for my tastes.

badly written, badly researched, and nowadays having to compete with the likes of the metro being vended for free.

it's a shame that it is this way - local dailies are a brilliant thing, but to an extent, the paper seems to be hastening its own demise.