Morrisons Hillsbro Mouldy tortillas!

Had trouble with Hillsbro Morrisons before but this time just hacked me off enough to post on here!!

Bought some tortilla's yesterday afternoon for tea (with best before 24/3/10 on them). My other half cooked the steak and prawns to go in them and after peeling the 3rd one from the packet saw that these were MOULDY :gag::gag::gag:

Not just a bit of mould on one tho.... the rest were mouldy in 3 places too :(

Anyway, took these back only to get 'asda and other shopping places have the same problem, its not just us!' :shocked:

Dont think he should be saying that really!!! And I have never had any probs with Asda's food so couldnt agree with him on that one!

Anyway - please all be aware of this and give your food a good inspection before you buy! I ended up throwing the whole meal in the bin it made me feel tht sick :(.

Amzy87

Hi I have also had the same problem with Morrisons Hillsborough, bought Fajita they were mouldy. Don't buy fish from there anymore had to take some back as it smelt like bleach. Alot of stuff from Morrisons is not fresh it has been kept in storage that why some items only have a short sell by date. Asda food is load better, its a shame the one planned for Middlewood was turned down.

Asda food is load better, its a shame the one planned for Middlewood was turned down.

To be honest I only shop there if im at that end of town when I meet my other half after work as he works in hillsbro barracks.

We live on Manor Park so Asda is only 2 mins away for us so about 3 times a week we go there for bits and once a month for a 'big' shop.

Never had any probs and the staff are sooooo much nicer.

Bad times tho as Morrisons sometimes have some good offers on!:(

Will just have to go in for the stuff on offer, and avoid the (supposedly) fresh stuff!

ecclesfield morrisons is just the same. Bought some breadcakes that went mouldy after a day..................box of cat food that had some pouches that had gone off................... and cornish pasties that were mouldy in the middle yuk! (glad it wasn't me who bit in it)

Does not surprise me one bit with morrissons tbh, i only shop there if necessary for just a couple of bits.

I have seen punets of strawberries in hillsborough morrissons with 'fluff' looking mold actually consuming the whole tubs and almost escaping - not just one or two punets but a whole stack of them, was in total disbelief. their bread, despite buying branded, is almost always on the dry side yet is never like this from asda (where its nice and soft) or anywhere else for the same brand. i always check dates on everything to make sure there is plenty left on so funny this only happens at morrissons.

Now i dont know if this is a policy with all morrissons but i do know that one in chesterfield used to re-date sticker food, as a good friend of mine worked there and told me about it. Her manager ordered her to redate bread etc going out of date in order to sell it which resulted in loads of hassle for my mate when she refused to do it. Now judging by the the bordering on stale bread and moldy fruit at hillsborough i suspect this practice is not isolated to the chesterfield one.

I would personally rather travel much further to the asda at handsworth to shop there than buy substandard food from morrissons

Edited by Ha3el

I've had mouldy food from Morrisons Hillsborough on more than one occasion. I now look very carefully at anything I buy from there.

Having said that, their fruit and veg is generally fairly fresh. Tesco's is far worse (mouldy oranges a common sight).

Mmmm ive had quite a few bad experiences with Ecclesfield morrisons...its normally the fruit or veg thats mouldy or battered..! in fact ive got some more strawberrys to take back this morning....mould on them...only bought them Friday!! probably go to asda in future...cant be any worse???