Door to door canvassers

dont you just hate it when canvassers come to the door,especially at night when its dark and you are settling in for the night at the front of your tv.i imagine its pretty scary for the eldery and those who live alone.i think there should be a law against these pests to stop them from knocking on peoples doors.charity workers are the worst wanting bank details etc.i always tell them i donate online.that seems to get rid of them.

Edited by teenyweeny

Can you not get one of those "We do not buy at the door - now **** off" stickers for your door?

We haven't got one but I know of many people who do have.

EDIT

Just done a Google and it seems that MAYBE the police, trading standards or the council stock them. Not sure how much notice they take of them.

Is it the same company or different ones? You could write a letter to each company that visits you and ask them never to visit you again explaining that they must update their records to reflect this and if they do visit they are contravening the data protection act.

Apparently, the only people allowed a right to your front door are the police and the postman.

Edited by big_g

Can you not get one of those "We do not buy at the door - now **** off" stickers for your door?

Don't get one of these stickers !!

Because for most door to door salesmen it's a red rag to a bull.

Just firmly and politely tell them "No Thankyou" whilst closing the door.

EDIT

Just done a Google and it seems that MAYBE the police, trading standards or the council stock them. Not sure how much notice they take of them.

Is it the same company or different ones? You could write a letter to each company that visits you and ask them never to visit you again explaining that they must update their records to reflect this and if they do visit they are contravening the data protection act.

Apparently, the only people allowed a right to your front door are the police and the postman.

I got these stickers-- now my answer is ' I do not deal with illiterates so go away' I must admit I do not get as many since using the stickers. on a slightly sideways note do you not just love the phone call [ with a thick asian accent] saying 'my name is george or kevin or mary or gladys

I remember one day last summer, I was angle grinding my old bath up on my front lawn and a door to door salesman trotted by started to walk up the path saw me and changed his mind, was amusing to watch :hihi:

Although I absolutly love the ones on the phone, especially the new guys who pretend to be from Microsoft and tell you that you have a virus on your Windows operating system, so funny leading them on.

We printed our own. Several people have had it rudely pointed out to them a second or two before the door was slammed in their faces.

Anyone too lazy or incompetent to read a sign on my door, I don't intend to deal with.

I got these stickers-- now my answer is ' I do not deal with illiterates so go away' I must admit I do not get as many since using the stickers. on a slightly sideways note do you not just love the phone call [ with a thick asian accent] saying 'my name is george or kevin or mary or gladys

My OH got one who said his name was Owen Wilson.

We have a sticker on our door, but people don't seem to pay attention to it.

I have had 2 bad experiences from buying from people selling at my door, namely N-Power and the Sheffield Star, so never again!