Jack Straw reveals Venables alleged sexual offence

Maybe if the death penalty or life imprisonment (like till they're dead, not 'you will serve a minimum of of five seconds') was brought back for worthless trash like this, people wouldn't need to take the law into their own hands.

You'd be happy to live in a country that executed 12 year olds? :o

You'd be happy to live in a country that executed 12 year olds? :o

Executed 12 year old that did to the young Bulger what they did,don't try and make it sound as these were innocent little church going choirboys.

Executed 12 year old that did to the young Bulger what they did,don't try and make it sound as these were innocent little church going choirboys.

Wrong, wrong, and ooh, erm, wronger than wrong.

The CHILDREN who did this, were actually only TEN, not twelve when they did this. Barely of the age of criminal responsibility.

Now, about those pitchforks I have just got in stock...

Anyone actually read all my post or got to the bit about capital punishment and mounted their high horse?

I think there are some crimes (such as this) that are so heinous the perpertrators should never be allowed back into society again, how this acheived I don't really care.

In another 10 years or so I'm sure we'll be wringing our hands over similar allegations around the 2 monsters from Edlington.

10,11,or 5 the outcome of the youngster that died was the same.

And the UK became a little more civilised, and last hanged a child in 1908.

Correction.

We last hanged a child in 1889,. We took hanging off the statute books for children in 1908.

And the UK became a little more civilised, and last hanged a child in 1908.

Never said they should be executed but they should be kept away from causing anymore damage,see the post before regarding the Edlington rubbish,they will more than likely return and bite the hand that mothers them.

Sorry, where exactly do you feel I implied any sort of character judgement of the two? :huh:

Anyone actually read all my post or got to the bit about capital punishment and mounted their high horse?

I think there are some crimes (such as this) that are so heinous the perpertrators should never be allowed back into society again, how this acheived I don't really care.

In another 10 years or so I'm sure we'll be wringing our hands over similar allegations around the 2 monsters from Edlington.

Yeah. You said.

Maybe if the death penalty or life imprisonment (like till they're dead, not 'you will serve a minimum of of five seconds') was brought back for worthless trash like this, people wouldn't need to take the law into their own hands.

The civilised world doesn't have the death penalty. Only the most uncivilised corners of the world have it for kids.

I understand that, for various reasons, some people have this view that the UK is a criminals' holiday camp where the entire judicial system is obsessed with screwing the victim and helping the offender, but doesn't the fact that violent punishments only tend to remain in not very nice places give you some sort of food for thought?

10,11,or 5 the outcome of the youngster that died was the same.

Oh come on, you aren't honestly saying that a 5 year old can have any level of criminal culpability at all?

I mean, it's debatable how much the Bulger killers have, but that just makes you sound like the worst kind of kneejerking Sun reading nutter!