Break dancing classes - any still running?

Imm 15 and i will be 16 when i have finishd my GCSE's. I will be living in sheffield in about a year, and i was wondering if anybody knew anywhere where ther was brekadancing lessons, or classes. i have been bodybuilding for 2 years, and have competed in various gymnastiques competitions, and competed in athletics at county level so i am physically able. I can do a variety of breakdancing moves already but could be alot better so i wouldnt mind 1 on 1 lessons or group classes. So if anybody knows where i could go, please tell me

thanks

phil

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

hey im a proffesional breakdance and body popping teacher, from breakout kids and Team Elite which you may have seen on Britains got Talent, and Colas Award son skyone.

i teach on wednesdays 5:30-6:30 in woodhouse village.

heres the address:

Divas Dance/ martial arts academy

34-38 Market Sq

Woodhouse

Sheffield, S13 7JX

for more information call : 0114 2880300

or message me on here for more indepth details.

• 1 month later...

My name's Dale aka bboy spirit im a proffesional breakdance/Streetdance/body poppin teacher.

I have being dancing for the past 6years and have done many performances accross the uk with my teams Breakout kids and Team elite which you may have seen on "Britains Got Talent" and Colas Awards on Sky One.

Give It a Go!

Breakdance is a great way to keep fit, build self confidence, meet new people and most of all show the true side of hiphop

My classes take place at:

Divas Dance academy

34-38 Market Sq

Woodhouse

Sheffield, S13 7JX

0114 288 0300

Sheffield

Wednesdays 5:30 - 6:30

Age 8+ (Now taking children age 6+)

*Pls note

this is not just a class for children, Teens and Adults Welcome no dance experience needed.

feel free to message me for more information

• 3 months later...

hi im wondering if anyone nos of any brake dance or body popping classes in sheffield for my son whos 3 he really enjoys dancing. i cant really find of anywhere that will do it as young as 3. if anyone nos of anywhere can you let me no thanks sarah 07886003118 x

ISIS hey im a proffesional breakdance/streetdance/body popping teacher.

I dont usually teach os young but Feel free to bring him along to my class and see how he gets on.

I have being Teaching and Performing dance for the past 6years and have done many performances across the uk with my teams Breakout kids and Team elite which you may have seen on "Britains Got Talent", Colas Awards on Sky One and Breakin convention in London where i performed infront of an Audience of 6000 people.

My class take's place on Fridays at:

Divas Dance academy

34-38 Market Sq

Woodhouse

Sheffield, S13 7JX

0114 288 0300

(Just Ten minutes up the park way from sheffield town centre)

Dance studio charges Roughly around £3.50 per class.

*Update*

NOW on Fridays 5.30-6:30 Class Starting again From 6th November 2009

*This is a class for all ages, no dance experience needed! I teach everything step by step from the very basics up to the more technical advanced moves and steps. Also within my class i cover routines and performances if thats what you would like to work on.

feel free to message me for more information.

• 11 months later...

Hi all, I have just been looking and the last reply was about 18 months ago, I am looking to doing some breakdancing, popping and street etc. Are these still running and are they any new classes. Can you help me, give me as info as poss. Cheers

• 4 months later...

If it is any interest to anybody reading this thread....

Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art that has many movements similar to breakdancing. Capoeira in Sheffield has been long established under group Cordao de Ouro Sheffield or CDO Sheffield. Cordao de Ouro has been the leading group in Sheffield since 2004 and it combines aspects of martial arts, dance, acrobatics, music and culture. Many movements used by breakdancers, tricksters and Free runners are closely linked to capoeira.

Cordao de ouro capoeira Sheffield welcomes any beginners who may be interested to come to visit any of our classes. We also welcome any enthusiasts of these other fantastic arts to give capoeira a try as well!

Cordao de Ouro capoeira Sheffield is linked to the Sheffield University capoeira society but we run classes throughout the summer. We are part of a much wider international organisation which has links to capoeira teachers and masters throughout the UK and the wider world. We also offer development in capoeira through taking belts and attending events and workshops which are always lots of fun.

We can be found on Facebook as a page 'CDO Capoeira Sheffield' and I will post links to our brand new website to this thread very shortly.