Adult A Level classes?

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any colleges that do part time A level courses for mature students? I'm 23 and wanting to apply for a BA in Zoology but I need a biology A Level to apply. I've already been to sixth form and completed three A levels but they are completely unrelated so I am at a loss of what to do. I've tried getting more A levels through online learning studying at home but I am terrible at keeping up with those kinds of things, I really need a regular class to attend to get it done. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lynne

Have you had a look on the Sheffield College website? They have a big list of full/part time courses on there. Alternatively why don't you give them a call?

Have you had a look on the Sheffield College website? They have a big list of full/part time courses on there. Alternatively why don't you give them a call?

Ohhh I havent, but I'll try now. Thanks :)

Are you able to go to college during the day i know that a few years ago sheffield college used to run adult/over 18 A-levels that could be compleated within a year you had to go for one full 8 hour day each week. They are pretty intense but it should get you what you need quickly if its available for your course

Are you able to go to college during the day i know that a few years ago sheffield college used to run adult/over 18 A-levels that could be compleated within a year you had to go for one full 8 hour day each week. They are pretty intense but it should get you what you need quickly if its available for your course

Thanks for the advice, that sounds totally amazing but I just spoke to Sheffield college and they said due to decreased governmental funding they're only doing an adult Chemistry A-level at the moment and aren't really sure if even that will be around next year :< Such a shame, if the thing you suggested was still going on I would so be there.

Would you have to study in Sheffield?

Funding for the over 19s is getting cut to the bone, especially A Levels.

Would you be able to do an Access Course as another route onto the course you wish to persue? Adult FE is a bit of a minefield, so guessing off the top of my head

ask the university if you can do the Access Science course, Access courses are designed to get adults into univeristy and it includes Biology.

Hi there!

I'm currently a mature student of 23 doing the chemistry A2 at Castle College, on Granville road.

As far as I know they are doing chem next yr too as they have As students intending on doing A2. I'd give Brian Jackson a call, he's the teacher and his number is on the website. He's really helpful and will answer any questions.

xxx

Rotherham college do lots of A level courses at night and day.currently doing an A level at night.

Thanks so much guysss. I've been ringing around and can't find bio as of yet :< Someone told me that these sorts of classes as dying out due to low success rates which is a huge bummer. I'll keep trying though, thanks for all the advice :D