I want a 4x4 - but which one?

Hi everyone

I want to buy a 4x4 vehicle, however im stuck for which one to get, so i want your advice!

Ive looked at a Nissan Pathfinder, but they are very big, and very expensive! I also saw the Nissan X-Trail, but am not so keen on the shape. I do like Volvo's, but at £31k for an XC90 its out of my price range!!

I dont want some clapped out old Land Rover either, so am looking for something new, or nearly new.

What do you recommend?

X-Trail has a very good review regarding fuel consumption, that would be the one I'd go for, infact I'm thinking of getting one myself, they look good in black and gun metal grey

Ive looked at a Nissan Pathfinder, but they are very big, and very expensive!

I also saw the Nissan X-Trail, but am not so keen on the shape.

I do like Volvo's, but at £31k for an XC90 its out of my price range!!

If you don't like the shape or fuel consumption or price of a big 4x4, I suggest you get a normal car!

If you don't like the shape or fuel consumption or price of a big 4x4, I suggest you get a normal car!

I have a normal car. It's just not 4 wheel drive!

Its only the X-Trail im not keen on. I love the pathfinder, but it too much monies!

I have a normal car. It's just not 4 wheel drive!

Its only the X-Trail im not keen on. I love the pathfinder, but it too much monies!

What do you want to use it for? Is it the size you need, or the ground clearance, or just the 4x4?

If it's the just space and 4x4 , get a diesel Subaru or 4x4 normal Volvo, or a Skoda Scout. Much better on road, and better on fuel (and the earth).

What do you want to use it for? Is it the size you need, or the ground clearance, or just the 4x4?

If it's the just space and 4x4 , get a diesel Subaru or 4x4 normal Volvo, or a Skoda Scout. Much better on road, and better on fuel (and the earth).

Its rarely going off road but i could do with the extra space. I'll take a look at the Subaru's. Which Volvo's are 4x4?

Have you considered the Nissan Qashqai 4x4? 7 seater available too in the Qashqai+2

Its rarely going off road but i could do with the extra space. I'll take a look at the Subaru's. Which Volvo's are 4x4?

XC70 is 4x4 (they used to call it something else too) - basically a V70 with a haldex controller.

Octavia Scout is pretty big, cheap to run and reliable - and also has haldex 4x4

Various Audi's also are 4x4 with haldex - although some of the performance ones are 'proper' 4x4

The Subaru's have full time AWD - if you want space look at a Legacy - although diesels are all still quite new so will start at about £15k - not sure of your budget. Outback is a Legacy with an extra inch or so of ground clearance.

The one your Girlfriend/ Wife/ Partner etc picks

Im single, so i have to make the decisson myself!

Im single, so i have to make the decisson myself!

Well ask one of your female friends or sister.

Edited by Rah Rah Rah