Help - ferals - black - 6 weeks ish

I dont have any way or the skill of capturing and with 5 cats and 2 dogs i have no room in the inn :( going tonight with some food for mummy but it all i can do :(

I'd love to be able to help you out with the trapping etc, but it's just not possible in my physical situation. It also takes practice to trap and handle ferals out of traps and I'm out of practice and minus one arm. I'm sure that we can coordinate someone to trap, someone to transport, someone to look after the bills and someone to care. Once we've got that lot together then the little ones should be looking towards a brighter future.

I have been and fed everyone, the kittens are extremely friendly there are 3 at about 6 weeks and one about 14 weeks they are quite friendly but extremely hungry , all i can do is feed them every day

Do you think that you could swipe the kittens while they're eating if they're friendly? You know, just quietly picking them up and moving them from the plate outside to the plate inside the basket?

If we can get the babies inside then trapping mummy becomes less of an issue because we don't have to worry that we're separating her from her babies who are dependent on her for food and warmth.

they seem to be eating fine on there own do we have to take mummy or could that wait. sorry if i seem insensitive

If they're eating fine on their own then no, they don't have to go with mummy if you've got other cats to act as general carers and kitten washers (like my Billy). They can be separated from mummy and handled as two completely separate cases, which may be very positive for the babies as if mummy is feral then they need to learn how to become house cats from friendly cats giving them lots of help and instruction.

If they were brought to my place with their mummy then they would be separated from her as soon as we were sure that they were eating properly and gaining weight on solids anyway because mummy's milk needs to dry up for her to be spayed as soon as possible. That's the standard process with litters getting ready for homing.

Whatever happens, the babies are the most vulnerable when it comes to lack of food, the cold weather, fleas or attack from other cats and so they are the number one priority and we would be unable to trap mummy if we didn't know that we could also get the babies. The mummy cats need spaying, but they're a whole lot more able to care for themselves than small kittens.

If i go tomorrow and get three kittens can anyone take them ...also one at 14-16 week are there homes for these. If there is we will take ham / food etc and get tomorrow :o)

If you get the kittens then I'm happy to come and collect them for the duration until they can be found homes. This should allow for time for veterinary consultations and the funding to pay for the vet bills to be arranged.

Right iv been down tonight i have more info they are 9 weeks and somone feeds them every day. Are they too old to rehome?

Ah- at 9 weeks they're just a little bit more complicated. They're starting to be big enough to defend themselves and to have their own opinions, which may be a benefit or an issue depending on what their opinions are!

If they've been around someone who feeds them daily then they may be able to be handled quite well and it's definitely more rosy for their future to be house cats if possible than to be a feral living out. The best way to achieve that is to bring them in to be with friendly cats who can teach them how to be.

If they're 9 weeks then we can definitely treat mummy and babies as separate cases- if she's feral then mum will need trapping, neutering and releasing rather than rehoming, but the babies could be happy, healthy friendly pets if they are brought in soon.

Two young black cats were seen at the Arena roundabout yesterday 3pm. Monkeyness - are these two part of the colony you were posting about? Or are there more?

Can't bear to think of them out in this weather, hungry and freezing. And possibly breeding!

Can anyone help with an update please. Homes are available and I can provide traps as I said previously.