Police shot down suspected suicide bomber in London

Originally posted by justine125

Mind you someone would be quite stupid to run from police in a tube station, that were identifying themselves as armed, if they had only committed a minor offence.

:loopy:

True, but some people are stupid, stupid doesnt mean guilty :P

A Scenario, pieced together from various eyewitness and police statements, mainly from BBC 24Hr News.

The suspect was being followed by plain clothes police (Special Branch?). By his dress, he would be suspected of concealing something under the large heavy coat (Bomb).

If a suicide bomber, it would be necessary to find a safe-ish place to stop him. Somewhere not crowded (Difficult in London).

On approaching the station, the operation stepped up a gear.

It was obviously more congested with passengers etc.

Challenged - - he ran, pursued by the officers (3 I believe).

Although using low velocity bullets, to minimise collateral damage (Exited shots - Richochets etc.) they would obviously not fire while running.

He was chased onto the train, and either was tripped or stumbled - - but ended up face down on the carriage floor.

Restrainment? - NO - - prevent him from using his arms to detonate the possible bomb - YES.

Still struggling to reach his body? It was ended by five shots to the back of the head. (Low Velocity bullets) to make sure he is immobilised.

A dead man's trigger? Well, that would normally consist of a switch or lever that had to be activated, then kept depressed. The explosion taking place when the pressure on the switch or lever is removed.

Not a nice job, but a necessary one, and one carried out with skill and with the safety of the Public in the area in mind.

I heard the am BBC news and their "expert" gave the distinct impression that this was a military operation rather than police.

Still, sheffco, 5 bullets to the head was a bit extreme wasn't it?

When the eyewitness Mark Whitby was phoning in the incident to the BBC I got the impression he was shot in the body. Certainly he never mentioned shots to the head. I immediately thought: well if he was carrying explosives under his coat then this would be a bit stupid.

And then reports circulated that he was shot in the head ...

All that interrogation they'll miss out on.

And I agree with matsellah (the expert he/she quoted) that these were more professional hitmen than armed coppers.

Yet no explosives were found on him.

Wonder if it was all some ruse to detract from the serious questioning of the 4 'bombers' on the 7th?

And now straight onto Egypt ...

1)Some bits on London bombings (Scroll down to 2nd blue box):

http://www.rense.com/

2) 'What is it that the invisible government wants Bush and Blair to do? Scott Ritter announced last January that Bush had issued an order to prepare an attack on Iran for the month of June. According to a well-informed retired CIA analyst I spoke with on July 3, this order actually told US commanders to be ready to attack Iran by the end of June.

This project of war with Iran is coherent with most of what we know about the intentions of the US-UK rogue faction, and thus provides the immediate background for the London explosions. The Bush administration and the Blair cabinet have failed to deliver decisive military action, and the invisible government is exceedingly impatient. '

The US-UK can attack Iran from Iraq in the west, from Afghanistan in the east, and from Qatar in the south, but without the Uzbek and Kyrgyz bases, the Anglo-American ability to attack from the north as well will be severely limited.

http://www.cloakanddagger.de/media/Tarpley/THE%20LONDON%20EXPLOSIONS.htm

"And I agree with matsellah (the expert he/she quoted) that these were more professional hitmen than armed coppers." He didnt say that.

EDIT Everyone has got to check out that site carolek has mentioned, its hilarious! Why do conspiracy theories and UFOs always go hand in hand!? :D:D:D

"A man shot dead by police hunting the bombers behind Thursday's London attacks was unconnected to the incidents" police have confirmed.

A Scotland Yard statement said the shooting was a "tragedy" which was regretted by the Metropolitan Police.

The man was shot dead after police followed him from a south London flat to Stockwell Tube station on Friday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4711021.stm

what a dumbass, probably should have stopped running when the coppers shouted at him...another feeb out of the genepool anyway

Looks like the bombers have partially succeeded in their aim anyway....when we got police jumping on innocent members of the public and shooting them repeatedly in the head....still, there will be more mistakes like this in the future

The fact that the wrong guy has been clinically executed in this way by police should make every other human being in UK shocked.

And of course we should all examine our own actions when we are in dangerous situations like never before. Maybe the guy was a petty criminal or pusher and that's why he ran?

If so should make petty criminals and pushers think about a new occupation.

Had he been a bomber and the police had allowed him to detonate and people had been killed then you'd have all be shouting about the lack of police action - can't win. Shoot first in my book every time !

Originally posted by skny

what a dumbass, probably should have stopped running when the coppers shouted at him...another feeb out of the genepool anyway

If you shot everyone in the world for being stupid the population would be very small! How many people can honestly say they have never done anything stupid? Even if you were stupid every day of your life it doesn't mean you should be killed.

Having said that, it is a very dodgey situation. If given the choice of shooting someone because they might blow up a tube train full of people or letting them go just in case they weren't carrying bomb is a very bad place to be in. I'm glad that I don't have to make those kind of decisions!

This is not good at all..means next time the police could hesitate and boom...

Obviously a catastophic intelligence failure here, and awful PR, not to mention an apparently innocent dead body.