How can I find out where someone has been laid to rest?

O.k. before i go any further i just want to point out that some people might find this topic quite depressing but it's important to me so i apologise in advance!

I recently found out that a girl that i went to school with ended her own life! i'm 33 years old and most people might just brush this off but for some reason i've been haunted by this for months now, why? well when we at school togeather we were used to always have chats and if memory serves we were set up on a date to which i never showed! ironically as i was too scared!

Anyways the reason i'm saying all this is that i want ti pay my last respects! how can i find out where she has been laid to rest?

Thanks in advance guys, and rest in peace vicki, and sorry beautiful! x x x

Did/do you know the area where she lived when she passed away? It's likely she'll be buried/cremated local to there. You could try their offices (although I'm not sure if privacy policies are in place)

Or any friends or relatives?

privacy has been a bugger! and i think it would be easy to track down her parents but i don't really want to drag up past memories you know?

It's a hard one guys but any help is appreciated! x

privacy has been a bugger! and i think it would be easy to track down her parents but i don't really want to drag up past memories you know?

It's a hard one guys but any help is appreciated! x

OK. Best of luck anyway and I'm sorry for the bad news of her passing.

i was in a similar situation but it was all sorted by accidently finding his sister was on face book . Pure coincidence but it gave me chance to talk about him . Maybe if you know her siblings names etc you may get the same chance ? i have to add it was coincidence i didn't intrude and she enjoys talking about her brother too .Good luck :)

i was in a similar situation but it was all sorted by accidently finding his sister was on face book . Pure coincidence but it gave me chance to talk about him . Maybe if you know her siblings names etc you may get the same chance ? i have to add it was coincidence i didn't intrude and she enjoys talking about her brother too .Good luck :)

I to also found about an old school friend who died and found out where she was laid to rest via facebook. I put in the search box r.i.p (name) after my sister told me about other people doing memorial pages for loved ones that had pass away, and i found one of her friends did a memorial page for her, and i got in touch with other old school friends on the page that could help me out to go pay my respect to her. A lot of memorial pages that people make on facebook, so maybe some loved one or a friend has made one for your friend also. Hope you find the help and sorry to hear of her passing.

youe will need her full name and the year that she died then you will to contact the registry office and then they tell you where she might be buried/cremated without any of this or without contacting her family it is a long haul im afraid.

Have you looked in the star classifieds online?

Try here, I believe they have all burial / cremation records up to the present time. Good luck.

Sheffield Archives

52 Shoreham Street, Sheffield, S1 4SP

Tel 0114 203 9395

Fax 0114 203 9398

Email [email protected]