Wisewood school - left 1973, anyone else that era?

i went to WISEWOOD COMP SCHOOL FROM 1969-1973 anyone else go in that era ?? mr HOOK HEADMASTER, turner deputy head,cartwright,crompton,lilly,middleton,mrs wragg,and music teacher humphreys

I remember all the teachers you mention, but I was eligible to leave in 1979.

I loved that school, how sad is that??!!

I left in 1973. I was in love with Tony Lilly. Norman Southward was the teacher who had the biggest impact on my life. I enjoyed my time at wisewood apart from the P.E. which I hated with a passion

i went to WISEWOOD COMP SCHOOL FROM 1969-1973 anyone else go in that era ?? mr HOOK HEADMASTER, turner deputy head,cartwright,crompton,lilly,middleton,mrs wragg,and music teacher humphreys

Geoff Hook was my form teacher for 2 years at Hinde House School 1958/59 & 59/60. We thought he was great. Was he a good head ? I believe he died not too long after taking that job - is that right?

John

Hi, all my nan said she left in 1972, her name then Was Kathryn Millward, anyone remember her? x

mr hook was still alive & kicking (& caning ) when i left in 1973 , but how long after that i dint know???

I left Wisewood around 1970ish. All the teachers mentioned were there. I remember Mr Lily and the deputy head (forgot his name) both playing the saxophone.

Anyone remember "come here Jimmy" Mr Haydock.

Also remember getting 4 strokes of the stick for taking some booze into school - happy memories!

Hi, I left Wisewood school in 1973. The teachers at Wisewood during that era were absolutely the best. I think we had the discipline of Miss Ballard, (English) and Mr Haydock (Math) combined with the more relaxed, but encouragement to think for yourself, style of the WONDERFUL Miss Manley ( Biology and Drama) Mr Southward, who made history so interesting, Mr Hodgkinson, geology and sport (I can still recite the periodic table thanks to him, I don't do anything with it but being able to do so impresses the heck out of my American friends). Mrs Bell, PE and swimming who valued effort as much as success.I could go on and on Mr Lily, Mr Crompton, Mr Carter etc They were all fine teachers. One of the other things about Wisewood was the emphasis on politeness and respect for our teachers and others in authority I just wish I had appreciated them all at the time and could have let them all know how important they were in shaping my life and how grateful I am to them.

I left in 1975. I remember all the teachers mentioned, as well as Mr Staff (Biology) and Mr Dingle (who we were all in love with :))

Did anyone here go on the walking holiday in Cornwall organised by Mr Dingle? Or the Schools cruise in the Mediteranean?

I remember once someone had sawn through the legs of the chair on the stage in assembly so when Mr Turner sat down it collapsed under him.

I was never religious and got into trouble for refusing to say the lords prayer, but I have always loved knowing the hymns by heart that we sang each morning.