Autoworld Fian Chesterfield not honoring car warranty

My Brother in law went and got a fiat Doblo 2008 1.9d from Autoworld "Brimington Road North

Whittington Moor, Chesterfield, S41 9AJ"

he normally gets one on the Motability but thought this time as he liked the look of the above car, he would buy it and keep it for some years.

With it being easy to get in an out of for both him and his wife they went and got a loan for the car.

He was very happy with the car !

Had its 1st service by Autoworld and apart from the minor fault came away feeling happy with the fiat car he had.

However, having got the grand kids one morning he thought he would take them out and having just done around 4 miles and getting onto the m1 the car lost all power and on came the engine management light.

With him being old school and male, while he waited for the recovery truck he looked under the bonnet to see if he could see anything wrong !

Nothing stood out, no water loss no oil loss.

Having got back to the dealers he was given a demo car while his was looked at.

Autoworld after almost 2weeks of having the car have now turned around and said that he has drove the car while it was hot (over heating) and in doing so has caused the engine to blow.

They say the water pump and cam belt have gone aswell as the engine, and will not replace the engine under warranty.

Now as far as Im aware all parts are covered by a min of 30,000 miles ! apart from your brake pads clutch an so.

Having said his part and said that all engine parts should be under warranty the main dealers for fiat aswell as Autoworld wont budge at all, they want £3,000 from him for a new engine.

The amount of stress this has caused I can not start to write out as both him and his wife are not the fittest people around to start with and are getting on somewhat aswell as him having a dodgy ticker.

We've had the paper work out for the car and it was sold with a 3 year warranty that says Stress free motoring for 3 years. YEAH RIGHT

So please beware if your going to Autoworld as the warranty sold on any of the cars they have IS NOT WORTH THE PAPER ITS WROTE ON !

They dont care one bit about you as the customer once youve paid for the car you have from them (had this car been paid for monthly the bro in law would have just stopped payments untill the car was put right)

As its been paid for in full Autoworld aswell as Fiat dont care one bit ! While the bro in law is still having to pay back the loan he had taken out to buy the car from them.

Hes still chasing up any legal help he can get.

End of the day the car should not have been running hot if at all it was ! as the cars parts aint done 30.000 miles as yet and should still be like new.

Please beware of Autoworld and Fiat as they only want your money

You should take my advice visit Vanworld UK which is round the corner to the Fiat dealership and ask to speak to Mr. Simon Priestnell who owns the Autoworld group.

Make him aware of your situation. More than likely he shall be in the sales office himself to answer your concerns.

He is a man of integrity and will not see you be wronged if that is the case

Please beware of Autoworld and Fiat as they only want your money.

That's why I always use

Riverside Fiat

Low Matlock Lane

Loxley

Sheffield S6 6RN

0114 234 5412

Personally i think they re trying it on and won`t have a leg to stand on. If the water pump has failed then that s the reason it overheated thus being the root cause and to cause the damage you describe then he would `ve had to drive a fair distance with it overheating.At the end of the day it`s someones opinion that he drove it in that state which is no reason weather they suspect it or not to refuse his claim. He must stick to his guns and chase this as far as he can.he WILL win

They will use this excuse tho to say that he hasnt maintained his vehicle in a goodworking order and that is why his further problems have occured, we all know that a water pump shouldnt go after so few miles, but its an insurance policy and they will be looking at how they can get away without paying out!!

a waterpump and cambelt shouldt break/collapse/snap or anything if the car has the mileage on the op says it has

a cambelt is usually replaced every 3 years or 60k miles dependant on make/model also the cars had its 1st service on time etcetc so why would the car overheat surely thats down to mechanical failure on fiats side of things not the owners

plus if a waterpump bearing collapses it will either damage the cambelt which in turn will either snap/break the cambelt or throw the belt off the pulley rendering the car immobile ie unable to drive

im not up on the newer fiats but i had the unfortunate job of repairing a family members older fiat (51 plate)a few years ago and the tensioner for the cambelt is made from plastic which snapped and threw the cambelt from the pulley and caused internal engine damage could this still be the same setup?? i would contact autoworld and tell them if the cars not repaired or replaced then you WILL be contacting trading standards and the sheffield star as in my opinion ANY car with that sort of mileage should not suffer from any major mechanical failure maybe a sensor packing up yes but not major mechanical failure

i hope you get this sorted out without much more hassle but dealers being dealers they will try anything to screw more money from the buyers

You should take my advice visit Vanworld UK which is round the corner to the Fiat dealership and ask to speak to Mr. Simon Priestnell who owns the Autoworld group.

Make him aware of your situation. More than likely he shall be in the sales office himself to answer your concerns.

He is a man of integrity and will not see you be wronged if that is the case

Yes I went to an office to complain after being told that my Xantia needed a new clutch after just 14,000 miles.

"Have you thought of changing your car sir?" was the reply; you can imagine how we felt.

Having also bought a Berlingo Van from them we eventualy traded our Xantia in with 44000 miles on the clock and still with the original cluthch for the car version of the Berlingo (brand new) after a week a gear linkage fell off two days later the same thing happened again, we found that they'd refitted the original faulty one.

Write to top gear magaine if they get involve your case will be sorted very quickly

...........the reason a lot of people buy a used car under 3 years, is to take advantage of the balance of the manufacturer's warranty which gives more of peace of mind, than a after market warranty which is not worth the paper is written on!

In this case you have purchased a 08 58 reg, which would therefore run until 2010. Therefore stick to your guns, and you will get a result, alternatively go on the FIAT.CO.UK website, and ring the contact section, and speak to FIAT directly, who will be more than happy to listen and find a resolution, as I would no way want to put my hand in my pocket for something which is clearly covered by a manufacturer's warranty.

Best of luck!

Thank you for all the info, Im passing on each and every post in the hope it will give him a new way of getting his car sorted out or his money back.

Once again

Thank You

Right off for world war 3 at autoworld

Right off for world war 3 at autoworld

Be armed with your rights first.

Like I say, contact Consumer Direct before you do anything else.

as above speak to consumer direct they are very good and offer excellent advice

probably something to do with dragging fiats name through the mud rather than autoworlds as its a dealership issue not a manufacturers