Taboo: save the planet - stop breeding

Will you make a difference?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Will you make a difference?

• Yes, less children is a good idea
    • Yes, but let others have fewer kids not me
    • No, I will have as many kids as I feel like
    • I don't believe a word of it

No, the problem doesn't (just) lie with developing nations. The point is that the UK has had a population explosion that exceeds our capability to support it.

What has happened is that we have shipped our population growth to developing nations by shipping our production and labour needs to those countries. The stuff that you consume (including the PC you are tapping on) is more than likely produced in one of those nations with a population issue. They need lots of people to keep the price of your computer low. The circle is complete and we cannot abrogate our resonsibility in my eyes. If we have less people they will need less people.

Unless of course people on here still think that everyone outside the west lives in mud huts with plates in their lips.?

No, the problem doesn't (just) lie with developing nations. The point is that the UK has had a population explosion that exceeds our capability to support it.

What has happened is that we have shipped our population growth to developing nations by shipping our production and labour needs to those countries. The stuff that you consume (including the PC you are tapping on) is more than likely produced in one of those nations with a population issue. They need lots of people to keep the price of your computer low. The circle is complete and we cannot abrogate our resonsibility in my eyes. If we have less people they will need less people.

Unless of course people on here still think that everyone outside the west lives in mud huts with plates in their lips.?

The white british birthrates are 1.68 , per family, our population should be going down which would mean full employment and social cohesion. Immigrants should be capped at 2 children per family to avoid the white british becoming a minority . Already nearly a quarter of uk school children are from a non white british background . This thread does not apply to white british!

Immigrants should be capped at 2 children per family to avoid the white british becoming a minority .

Is there any objective reason why the white British should not become a minority? I wouldn't like it, but that's just a subjective preference. What I like is immaterial in the grand scheme of things.

Britain is 92% White. Will people stop worrying themselves silly that White people will be a minority. It's not going to happen.

If white british birthrates are 1.68 and a quarter of school children are non white british and birthrates of immigrants and immigration then you can rest assured that soon as the babyboomers die , give it 30 to 50years , white british will be a minority.

It is in Sheffield that you can make a difference. Do you not see the connections?

Nope, I would just see my kids and grand kids being replaced by some Samarlion, pakistani, kurdish, polish, checkoslovakian ect ect ect kids and grand kids that would be needed to do the work to keep the ecconamy going and look after the aging population and keep us all in the comforts and lifestyles that we are lucky to have now. Unless you educate and change peoples lifstyles then not having kids in Sheffield would do very little. If you could find something to replace capitolism and consumerism then I would listen to your arguments but not having kids here would be like bailing water out of the sea with a tea cup.

Educate on recycling and climate change and change attitudes.

So your post wasn't really relevant to the thread then was it?

Yes, his post was relevant.

You suggested that the developing races would stop their excessive breeding if they were given a better standard of living - his point is that they do not.

When they come to a civilised nation, with health care, food and shelter, they continue to breed like rabbits and they are the reason our population is expanding and our public services are bursting due to the burden of immigrant families.

We must stop giving food and medicine aid to the developing world, and alow nature to take its course in controlling their populations.

Britain is 92% White. Will people stop worrying themselves silly that White people will be a minority. It's not going to happen.

I think you need to do the maths, if 2 people only have 1 kid .... or say 4 people only have 3 kids between them ?

You are very soon going to see that 92 % (?) drop concidreably while we have to have mass immigration to keep the population heathy anyhow or rely on the none white population to knock the kids out for us.

Im not against the world has a whole having less kids and the world population shrinking, but Its not going to happen until nature takes action for us in the form of something like the swine flu only far worse. I think its a misconception that we dont have kids and it will get better, its futile to just not have kids here while the rest of the world booms. The plannet will not substane everyone sooner or later and the prophecies about famine decease and pestulance or whatever will come true, as well as global warming and climate change getting us.

Edited by hard2miss

Very few years ago, it was 98%.

16% of all secondary school kids are now from minority ethnic groups.

23% of all primary school kids are now from minority ethnic groups.

Do you possess graph paper?

Yes, his post was relevant.

You suggested that the developing races would stop their excessive breeding if they were given a better standard of living - his point is that they do not.

When they come to a civilised nation, with health care, food and shelter, they continue to breed like rabbits and they are the reason our population is expanding and our public services are bursting due to the burden of immigrant families.

We must stop giving food and medicine aid to the developing world, and alow nature to take its course in controlling their populations.

a) there are no 'developing races' only developing countries

b) people do change their behaviour in different circumstances, it just doesn't happen overnight. This is one of the prime reasons for global population growth: medical advances and the increasing availability of some treatments mean that infant mortality in developing countries decreases, but family sizes don't instantly go downwards, which equals larger populations.